[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got 4 cavities. dentist wants to fill in each one on a separate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
got 4 cavities. dentist wants to fill in each one on a separate appointment. wtf? is this normal?

his explanation is that they're each on a separate corner of my mouth so it'd be "uncomfortable" to do them all at once
>>
My dentist took 15-20 minutes per to fill in cavities I had. He's probably just trying to make sure he doesn't take too much time on one patient if he's a busy dentist with a good practice. Do you really want to sit through that anyway?
>>
>>17299391
Possibly. It might be more comfortable to at least do them on separate sides of your mouth (left in one session, then right in another, for example).

I would suggest that before permitting any drilling that you get an examination by another dentist. Don't say anything about having cavities, just see if the second one reports that you have four cavities and that they're all in the same places.

There's often no clear evidence of lack of a cavity in an x-ray and a LOT of dentists lie to try to make money because they know that once the drill & fill is done, there's going to be no definitive proof that they were lying.
>>
No, its a move to get more money since you pay for each appointment. His reasoning is to get money. Dentist will do that a lot, vets as well.
>>
Just brush your teeth every once in a while and then you won't need to go to the dentist
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.