[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my advice to everyone here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: L'incal-noir_plop.jpg (142 KB, 1205x1600) Image search: [Google]
L'incal-noir_plop.jpg
142 KB, 1205x1600
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>17298488
This pasta is as relevant now as the first time I read it.

My question is how do I satiate my instinctual need for recreational human contact without 4chan?

I don't have social media and I am alone 12 hours a day.
>>
It really is the internet hate machine.
>>
File: picassoself-portrait.jpg (14 KB, 542x729) Image search: [Google]
picassoself-portrait.jpg
14 KB, 542x729
>>17298498
>we laughed at them then
>they were right all along
>>
>>17298495
try reading a book, watch meaningful movies, going to a gym, getting a hobby
>>
I've obtained some really good things from 4chan. Obviously being on it all the time is stupid but it's a matter of self limitation, not avoiding 4chan entirely.

From /fit/ I learned so much about my lifting technique and good programming, not to mention all the motivation.
From /ck/ I learned great recipes, techniques and about global cuisine.
/g/ helped me with technical issues or whatever.
I have learned so much about the world from /sci/.
/news/ offers some really interesting perspectives on global issues.
/tv/ always helps me find good movies and tv shows to watch, and gives me somewhere I can discuss recent episodes etc
/adv/ has really helped me with personal relationship issues and from helping others I feel that helps me think of situations and gain good coping mechanisms.

It depends on the boards and how much negativity you bring with you.
>>
I've been on 4chan since 2010 and I'm pretty well-adjusted.

Stay away from /b/a/v/pol/r9k/any weeb boards and you'll be fine. Don't watch anime or jerk off to traps and you'll be fine. Don't continue conversations with any 4chan users outside of 4chan and you'll be fine.

Unfortunately most of you have broken these cardinal rules and are thus doomed to be worthless faggots forever.
>>
>>17298510
>I've been on 4chan since 2010 and I'm pretty well-adjusted.
Same. This place isn't a bad place to spend your time if you don't take it seriously. The most fucked up people are the ones who take what they read on /r9k/ and /pol/ especially to heart and internalise it.
>>
>>17298506
I love /adv/ because it is the one board I have ventured into where I don't become trapped by the memes and end up staying just for the sake of the board rather than anything it has to offer me.
>>
>>17298488
Cool story bro. How about you stop projecting so much? Just kidding. Not taking this bait
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.