[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I was a loser. I'm 30 years old now, graduated from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
So, I was a loser. I'm 30 years old now, graduated from college with a degree in computer science in NYC. I did an internship. The reason I went to college late was because I had an injury where I couldn't even get out of bed.

I started looking for jobs. It's my first time, but I have not heard from anyone.

Anyone know what I am possibly doing wrong?
I have a suit, I do my best to have a firm handshake and I generally just do what I can.

So if I don't hear back from them, what does that mean? Can I re-submit for a job? What do I do? I am looking on my school's job board but have not seen anything I could work in. Everything wants years of experience which I don't have.
>>
It's all being at the right place at the right time or nepotism. With how our world works now our education system is outdated and unreliable. You may have to look at jobs outside of the field you studied in. That is just sadly how the world is now a days. It has nothing to do with your abilities.
>>
:( So it's hopeless? What else can I do?
>>
>>17298071
It's not hopeless.

Did you make any friends in college? Ask them who to talk to. Ask your college who to talk to. My buddy in NYC got a job with a CS degree pretty easily through having friends who know people who can hire you.
>>
>>17298071
Never seek for outcomes always seek for to be always making yourself set personal goals like updating your portfolio a d doing dwily goals as long as you are trying there is no losing. You have to think as it as you are starting a business and the business is selling yourself for a job, companies do not set goals for how much money to make when they first start up they set daily goals to keep them busy so they are not focused on money but are bettering themselves.
>>
>>17297836
What's your GPA? What college? I'm thinking the NYC market may be too saturated--> lots of competition w/ NYU/Columbia grads
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.