[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I need advice/help with getting something removed from Facebook.

A page which I was a customer of wasn't happy with our transaction or lack there of because of their delayed shipping and decided to post my pic and slander me on their page to 34k people. Okay, fine that's their prerogative normally I would just brush it off. But the issue is they included pics from my photos that are normally hidde , I guess they must have really done some digging, that had me with my kid! My kid is only 9 and now is on this person's page which is aggressively attacking me.

Some important info. The page is not an English page and the post is not in English. I have reported the post with 3 accounts but the problem is that Facebook doesn't let you give a reason when you report, you can only select their own arbitrary report functions. I used the one that said this shows myself or my family in a bad light or something like that.

Some hours later I got a seemingly automated reply from fb saying they didn't think the post violated the community guidelines. At this point you can rate the service they gave you and send a reply so this was the first time I could explain tthe situation and what actually happened and why I want the post or just the pic of my kid removed. Have yet to receive a response from fb that was over 24 hours ago.

What can I do? After a lot of googling I found that maybe emailling abuse@facebook would work but I haven't got a reply from them.

I'm really lost at what to do. My country has shit laws for this kind of stuff so we can't use the law to make them take the pictures down. I feel like fb would take my side if they actually knew the situation but I can't find a way to speak to someone from there.

Please help.
>>
I'm gonna kill sambadeeeee
>>
>>17297617
That's weird that a business would do that. What kind of industry is it? Did you do anything to them other than cancelling the order?

I would continue to reach out to FB. In the mean time, message the business owner and (politely) request he remove the photo of your son. If they don't, are you in driving distance of the business?

I am not sure if I really understand this situation, to be honest..
>>
>>17297617
What did or didn't you purchase, OP?

Seems like you're freaking out over nothing. Just run of the mill internet stupidity that will be forgotten in a month
>>
File: 26773858.jpg (143 KB, 588x586) Image search: [Google]
26773858.jpg
143 KB, 588x586
>>17297617
That's your own damn fault for using Facebook. Stop using Facebook.
>>
>>17297982
>>17297990

This page sells collectors trinkets which are native to my country. Hard to explain. But anyway, I ordered from this page right. It's a cash on delivery thing via the post office. They post the thing, I go to the post office branch near me and pay and pick up my item then the post people contact the seller and the seller goes and picks up their cash from their branch .

I know that's convoluted as fuck but 3rd world country shit.

So I order. They tell me it will be here in two weeks. I have ordered from them before and similar pages this is business as usual, cool. Two weeks go buy I hear nothing from them, I try to msg them and I actually get the thing on fb messenger that you get when somebody blocks you. I think wtf. I try again ever day for 3-4. I cannot post on their page either.

A week passes I still can't contact them and i think this shit isn't coming and actually travel to get what I needed personally instead. 3 days after that they send me a msg with some photos saying they are posting to me now.
I'm like wtf, you didn't even send yet and way overdue. I already got what I needed because you blocked me. They were rude and disrespectful in the messages acting like I was in the wrong. Which I thought was bullshit.
As far as I know they never even shipped the thing.

They then posted my Facebook on their page along with the pic of my kid saying stuff like I'm a scammer don't trust me blah blah.
>>
>>17298017
Cont.
I shohld be clear, if it was just me on there I wouldn't give a shit, but why put my kid up there? It's a step too far. Hard to translate exactly what they were saying in the post but basically I'm a dog and cannot be trusted never do business with me or my kin.

I just wish there was a better way to get in touch with Facebook! I'm shocked they don't have some kind of hotline or shit at least, especially when kids are concerned. I can't go to the pages location because they work online, probably just ship from their house so I can't find that stuff out.
>>
>>17298019
Sounds like a shitty little company selling trinkets. It's not the end of the world, OP. No one is going to be out to get you and no one is going to take adanvtage of this slander. just don't do business with them anymore.
>>
>>17298027
I feel like you guys are missing the point. It's my kid that is now on their front page to 34k people
>>
>>17298079
Who cares, your kid is shit
>>
>>17298079
No, you're missing the point. The internet is insecure. You did your child an injustice by posting his picture on Facebook without him knowing what it is. You can't do anything about it. Learn from this and stop using Facebook or at least stop posting pictures of your shitty child if you care about him so much.
>>
>>17298079
Continue to reach out to Facebook.

Message the guy and explain that you two miscommunicated and it was a misunderstanding. Ask him man to man to remove the photo of your son.

If not, find the return address and make him remove the photo.
>>
>>17298017
They probably ordered in stock just to ship you something, hence the long wait to post it.

What they did sounds shitty but it just makes them look bad.
Did you try to email or call them or is this some dodgy facebook-only trinket business ?

Maybe get some friends to comment on the page telling the company to stop slandering customers.
>>
>>17297617
1. find out who he is
2. find his details and address
3. pay someone to brick/molly his house
4. ????
5. sleep well at night knowing justice has been served

or

1. just get over the fact 30k people will forget your face in a week
>>
in a first world country, i would go to a lawyer, send a letter to facebook and that company and threaten to sue them, because they have no right tu publicate my pictures.

in a second world country I would count on the facebook rules and maybe the police.

in a third world country: pay a mobster or a policeman to do something against them. Otherwise, find out their address and put a stabbed cat with a message on their doormat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.