[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend of over 3 years has recently had anxiety about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
My girlfriend of over 3 years has recently had anxiety about her stagnant life and relationship with me to some extent, thought we were on the verge of breaking up, but she said she still loves me and doesnt want to let that go and thinks shes just confused etc. Now that we didnt break up we talked about how we need to communicate more and express our fears/concerns to have a stronger relationship. During what i thought was the break up she mentioned how she wanted to move overseas where one of her best friends recently moved and try studying there and then moving around the world and working/experiencing things, now that we are staying together she has turned this into just little trips and seems to be happy with that. My concerns now are about her travelling overseas without me where her single friend is living it up after recently breaking up with her own boyfriend, she wants to go for about a month, we see each other and speak together on a daily so this drastic change when she leaves will probably leave me pretty sad, im also unsure if this is any kind of flag? i was hoping someone could give me some insight from an outsider perspective or from past experiences. I trust her, but it doesnt stop me being sad she wants to go without me for such a long time.
>>
>>17297091

And just a note, i feel like if we didnt have such a bumpy near break up recently the idea of her travelling for a month with a friend wouldnt have sounded so bad, i think its the little bit of insecurity i currently feel in the relationship because of how close i felt to losing her that knowing she wants to travel without me makes that feeling a little stronger.
>>
>>17297091
Bullshit. Love my ass, If she truely loved you, she would not move over seas to ''study''. It's just a shitty excuse to break up, she just shifted the breaking up, onto you, so she won't feel bad about it. So she can definetely go, without hesitation. Bro, just end it, find someone you want to marry, and live your life without bullshit.
>>
>>17297112

She's not moving anymore, that was what she said in the heat of the moment when we were discussing our relationship, its what she was saying she would probably do if we were to break up, after we talked however and she told me she wanted to be with me, she said she will still want to travel with a friend time to time, and the first trip is going to be around a month, that was what my post was about.
>>
If she's in her mid twenties it's obvious that she is all about these self-discovery experiences everyone talks about. I am unsure about many things myself, since my bf's life seems so peaceful and i am juggling my work and study shchedule. But if we had the chage we would be like you two are.

I don't think she doesn't love you ike otehr anon said, but i guess somehow your life styles and goals seem to be kinda uncompatible. By mean more "communicative" maybe she wanted to ask you to share with her what your future plans are and what you're doing today to achieve them. "Future plans" is like a big term because that obviously implies issues to resolve like family, getting another job or becoming your own boss, etcetera.

Maybe she is concerned about not being compatible eventhough she loves you so much. It's like a mid-life crisis, and i strongly recomend you to let her go to this trip. Sometimes there are like phases in our lives we need to conclude in a "symbolic way".
>>
>>17297242

I agree with a lot of this, when we discussed our relationship she mentioned similar things to what you are saying. She knows i want to travel and explore the world and im currently studying so my career is in the works, and i've told her that i see a future with her so i dont know what else to do in this department.

Why do you think we're incompatible? I would love to go travelling with her and we do have plans to do so but they come after her plans to go with her friend. She mentioned how she felt like she was having a life crisis of sorts because she see's everyone else travelling meanwhile shes stuck in a crappy job and studying while seeing me most of her free time.
>>
>>17297091
hahahha are you serious OP?? You're getting cucked so hard, what do you think is going to happen over there while she's 'studying'? It's the most massive red flag of all red flags.

I absolutely loathe when people get taken advantage of and you OP are going to get taken for quite the ride.
>>
>>17297091
She is gonna suck a lot of cock to "get it out of her system" and "experiment" because her vagina itches.
>>
>>17297889

She's not studying overseas, that was what she said she would probably end up doing if our relationship ended for whatever reason. Since were staying together she just wants to travel for upto a month to see her friend overseas.

>>17297894

even if this were true, which its not, it doesnt help in any way.
>>
>>17297918
Oh ok since she's not studying I'm sure it will be fine. Guys won't hit on her, her friend won't encourage her to have a fun time and give her drinks. Nothing bad will happen, in fact she'll miss you so much she will cancel her trip early just to come back and see you!
>>
>>17297936

Lol im not looking to argue, let me just get this straight though, anytime a partner is to go on a few week holiday to see a friend or to go with a friend or friends there is only malicious intentions behind it? So what just never leave your partner alone because they could cheat at any moment you're not there?
>>
>>17297091
It's happened a million times on this board.

>strained relationship
>girlfriend goes overseas
>foreign men, no one knows her and she's under the influence of alcohol
>she's taking dick for days

Don't be a fool OP.
>>
>>17297946
it doesn't matter if there is or is not malicious intent. Nobody can say how they will react after a few drinks in a new area and surrounded by friends encouraging them to do it or try new things. Are you really this naive anon?
>>
>>17297972

I dont think ive explained myself right, this holiday shes planning isnt until next year even so about 10-12 months away probably depending on how she saves, she felt like the relationship was strained but she decided she wanted to be with me because she loves me and doesnt want anyone else, she still really wants to travel though and she says she wants to both with me and with friends because she wants to have done both by the time she's older.

>>17297974

By your very same logic you wouldnt let your partner go out for a drink with her friends?
>>
I ain't saying long distance isn't possible. But in the brick of a break up I wouldn't be as trusting as you OP.
>>
>>17298080

I dont think everyone understood what i meant exactly, were not doing a long distance relationship, she only plans to travel for a month at a time over the next few years
>>
>>17297242
>If she's in her mid twenties it's obvious that she is all about these self-discovery experiences everyone talks about.

This. Most girls/women have this at some point in their life and there is not really a whole lot you can do about it

The thing is anon, most women are passive and want you to make things happen. If your lives get boring, stale and routine, most young women will get cold feet and start looking for a way out

I don't blame them though. It's important to experience life before you settle down

Basically, you either have to travel with her or lose her
>>
>>17298118

So do you think her going on overseas trips for a month at a time with a friend or to meet an overseas friend is okay as long as she does so with me as well, i understand wanting to travel with friends too, its a different experience between the two styles of travel.
>>
>>17298301
>>17298118

To add to this she has expressed interest in going overseas with me too, she just says she wants to do it with friends as well. No trips will be happening anytime soon however because money needs to be saved in the mean time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.