[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the red flags I should look for when meeting someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1453095449722.jpg (134 KB, 500x880) Image search: [Google]
1453095449722.jpg
134 KB, 500x880
What are the red flags I should look for when meeting someone new?

>almost all of her friends are guys
>abusive past relationships, or abusive childhood in general
>>
>>17295956
I never understood why the
>almost all her friends are guys
is a red flag.

I have a lot of guy friends, and I always did, since childhood. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>17295956
I dated one, had daddy issues. She wants to be dominated and be treated like a "princess." It's not bad, but that is what most likely going in her head.
>>
>>17295963
At least in my experience, this usually means she's a drama queen that can't get along with other girls.

I'm not saying this automatically implies it, but for me personally this is what I've seen happen.
>>
>>17295956
>doesn't go to parties / can't party with
>doesn't like psychedelics
>>
>>17295987
>doesn't like psychedelics
Seriously?
>>
>>17295987
LOL yep, also had that experience.
>>
>>17295991
yeah, seriously. i'd never date someone (again) i can't do psychedelics with.
>>
>no job
>history of infidelity
>visits 4chan
>>
>>17295956
>she's a virgin
thats not a good thing, they are just boring and bad in bed
>>
>>17295986
Just curious. I don't think it applies to me but now that I think about it, it fits one girl I know well.
I tend to get along better with guys in general because of my interests and sense of humour, so it always bothered me.
>>
>>17296007
You know what, I've only been with girls who aren't virgins and never had a sex partner with whom I didn't enjoy it.

But I dread to think what it would be like to date a virgin.
>>
>>17296007
That's not a relationship red flag, it's just an indicator that she doesn't make the best sex partner at first. Still, not as stupid as >>17295987
>>
>>17295963
This. All the fun women I've met love to kick it with guys and know how to have a good time. I'm pretty sure that's not a coincidence either.

All the whore type women I've ever met have been the kinds with a ton of girlfriends who love to have a ladies' night at a club or bar.
>>
>>17296013
bruh i took this guys virginity and he wants to be with me forever, at 23. It aint easy.
>>
>>17295956
>Shes not a virgin
Non virgins are only for flings and pump and dumps.
>>
>>17296393
I know that feeling bro. I've had both and non-virgins are hands down more fun. To find a slutty fun virgin is like trying to divide by zero.
>>
>>17295963
In my experience this isnt a problem but a sign of a problem. It seems like the girls I've been friends with who just hang out with guys end up being crazy, and usually annoyingly obsessed with weed.
>>
>>17296002
What a hypocrite.
>>
>>17296360
The only whores I've met are women that have a lot of guy friends, strange.
>>
>Doesn't read
This goes for anything really, not just relationships.
>>
>>17296739
I have female friends too, but mostly hang out with guys. Most of my male friends have been my friends for years.
I think I am a fairly normal person and I am far from a whore - I had just one boyfriend, for 8 years. Don't do drugs, don't party, totally against casual sex.
Probably I'm an exception or something, I don't know, but that "having male friends is a rad flag" thing always pisses me off.
Sorry for the blog post.
>>
>>17296875

>totally against casual sex

I also hope you are against casual conversations
>>
>>17296776
you're assuming that im not a walking red flag
>>
Bitchy to servers, cashiers, etc.
>>
>>17297083

Can you please go more in depth
>>
File: 1464581982619.png (3 MB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464581982619.png
3 MB, 849x1200
>>17295956
>female
>exists in 3D
>>
>>17295963
Every single one of those male friends you have want to fuck you, and given the chance would not think twice. That's whats wrong with women that have lots of guy friends, you're a bigger risk, and it's fucking annoying that you're all too retarded to comprehend this Call it insecurity or whatever you want, but it's not gonna change the fact that girls with lots of guy friends are a red flag. I've seen it too many times where girl thinks its ok to sleep in a bed at a sleep over with a guy friend and cuddle because they're "just friends" and "it's not weird".
>>
>>17295963
Are you serious? How many of them would fuck you if you asked them if they were down? That's not a friendship. That's an investment on their part.
>>
>>17295963
it means you're a defective female
>>
>>17295963
In my experience, the female friend with guy friends often slept with them behind her boyfriends back. Including me.

> but i turned it down, just didn't feel right

Same friend also has drug, parental and mental issues. I think I made the right call on not pursuing her
>>
>>17295963
They are your orbiters, not your friends, they would fuck you if given the chance.

As always, females lack self awareness,
>>
>>17297842
Not that anon, but having worked in retail, it's the entitled people that always gave us shit. They think the world revolves around them, and when they don't get exactly what they want, or if someone fucks up over something small, it's the end of the goddamn world. That spills over into other areas of life, like relationships. They're bossy, ungrateful pieces of shit.
>>
>>17297920
Shut the fuck up wageslave and make it a large order next time

15 dollars an hour my ass
>>
>>17295956

1.) spend some time with the person. Nobody can keep an act up 24/7, and it gets exhausting.

2.) talk to their friends. If they are a cunt, it'll be found out.

3.) let them talk about themselves, ask them questions about themselves. Holy shit the amount of things I learned from people just by paying attention to the conversation fucking astounded me. Nobody has any sense of privacy anymore.

4.) Be detached. Act like a scientist. Gather information, do not formulate a theory until sufficient evidence presents itself.

There are common themes though. But the problem is you need experience in order to understand. Like I could tell you tramp stamps are, well, tramp stamps. Majority of the time they indicate slutty behavior, indicating caution! be wary. However, you also need to vet the information.
>>
>>17297876
>I've seen it too many times where girl thinks its ok to sleep in a bed at a sleep over with a guy friend and cuddle because they're "just friends" and "it's not weird".

That's just excuses for bad behavior. There's nothing inherently wrong with having male friends, as long as you know where your boundaries are and you don't allow people to cross them.
>>
>>17297928

A wage-slave no longer, Lord Peggy. Also wasn't fast food, but a bakery chain. Now I make professional cakes at home for way more than $15/hour.
>>
File: 1464044951456.png (739 KB, 1407x1325) Image search: [Google]
1464044951456.png
739 KB, 1407x1325
>>17297945
Can I your professional cake online?
>>
File: nope.gif (988 KB, 294x224) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
988 KB, 294x224
>pays someone to cook/make shit for them
>dresses with name brands and silly shit like expensive watches, hats, bags, bracelets, belt buckles, earrings
>uses makeup
>longer than shoulder length hair
>excessive tattoos
>loud, obnoxious
>excessive small talk
>doesn't read books
>>
>>17295963
I see a lot of comments about guys wanting to fuck female friends. I wouldn't be averse to it but I think that's a loaded question. I don't actively seek or think about sex with women friends who clearly don't see me that way. A couple of them might have been interested in me at some point, but what do I know.
>>
Met a girl on Tinder a week ago

I quote:
'A friend and I just actually had a breakdown together', where they were also drinking.

'[travelling] Asia just doesnt interest me. And my interests dont change easy.'

Enough red for me.
>>
>>17298060

For the slow ones but can you explain in more depth. Why does being stuck in their way regarding travelling = bad news

How old are her and her friend ?
>>
>>17298131
She is 24. The fact that you would share something like that with someone you just only ONLINE met a fucking week ago, is already a bit of a red flag for me. Having a breakdown can occur, obviously, but in my opinion, it's something that you only just share with people who really support you.

Concerning her travelling. It's not the fact that she is open to other things, it's the fact that she is also closed for some things. Like, really, really firm. I'm a kind of person who always tries to keep an open mind and is not really firm in his limitations.
>>
File: no drama here.jpg (62 KB, 519x457) Image search: [Google]
no drama here.jpg
62 KB, 519x457
>>17295963
It's because of the implication, even if you're a total sweetie, a real cutie, there is still a very unfortunate implication there.

Hint: The implication is pennis in vagine
>>
>>17297876
I'm not saying that they find me physically repulsive because I know it's not true, and I think that most of my friends are pretty attractive.
I don't think they would rape me, and I am pretty, if I wanted to fuck someone I would just need to go to a bar and ask a dude, I wouldn't need my friends for that. I just don't want to fuck someone who isn't my boyfriend. Sluts are sluts, whoever they hang out with. Higher risk is crap.

>>17297881
It would be a shitty investment since I've been in a relationship for 8 years, and even if I broke up with my current partner I wouldn't date any of my friends since they're not what I seek in a partner.

>>17297884
What would make me a defective female?

>>17297901
They're not orbiters, most of them have girlfriends and the others have a pretty active sexual life. We just enjoy each other's company.

>>17298047
I think it's the same for my friends, too.
>>
>>17295963
There is a thread on /adv/ right now where a female wants to pursue a mutual friend of hers and her bf.

Does that tell you all you need to know?
>>
>>17298567
That she's a cheating whore? Yeah.
You make it sound like the only reason why a guy could ever be friends with a girl is to fuck her. It honestly bothers me.
>>
>>17298576
Well not me. What I meant to imply by that story was actually that it was the female who was motivated.

It's risky.
>>
>>17298582
Cheaters are cheaters. If someone wants to cheat, they'll most likely find a way to do it.
If I wanted to chat I could ask some of my friends for sure, and maybe they'd say yes, but in general I could walk inside a bar and find someone in 15 minutes, or go on Tinder and find someone to be at my door with a boner in an hour.
I think that you're all focusing on who has the *opportunity* to cheat, while the problem is only if someone wants to cheat or not.
I had a lot of opportunities to, but I never did. The only way to not risk is to not date a whore.
>>
>Her parents are seperated
>She has a step parent
>She has plenty of guy friends
>She talks to her mother about you TOO much
>She claims she hates her mother despite telling her literally
>She has a bad relationship with either parent or a sibling (this not so much, some siblings/parents can just be bad, no bodies fault)
Of course there are plenty of decent people out there whom may encounter unfavorable circumstances, these are by no means dealbreakers, they are simply things to take into consideration when assessing someones character and worthiness
>>
>>17298632
>despite telling her literally everything*
>>
>>17298632
>Her parents are seperated
check
>She has a step parent
check
>She has plenty of guy friends
slept with a bunch so check
>She talks to her mother about you TOO much
check
>She claims she hates her mother despite telling her literally
what, and no she loves her
>She has a bad relationship with either parent or a sibling
check

still obsessed with the slut what now
>>
>>17298576
But that's true.
t. one of those guys.
Literally every friendly relationship ive ever had with a girl has gotten sexual at some point. Its not chance, it just happens. Don't date girls with mainly guy friends. Don't be that poor fool the leftists convince to be "a real man".
Also, t. leftist.
>>
>>17298637
Some people only learn through consequence.
Good luck mate.
>>
>>17298645
what am i supposed to learn, that she's a no good whore? i know this already but the pussy too good
>>
>>17298639
I had PLENTY of friendly relationships with guys that never got sexual. It's not like your experience is the only experience.
>>
Inability to control their temper/ emotions
Inability to put themselves in other people's shoes
Inability to place ration and logic above current emotions and feelings
Brand names, materialistic, no depth in personality, overly gossipy, no humor

And last but not least the grand red flag SELF ABSORTION. Early to pick up on, if someone is talking to you and they are dropping names of people in their life and expecting you to know who they are because they are the main star in the movie that is them and you are and will always be a blip on the radar
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.