[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
quitting weed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1421012921449.jpg (70 KB, 540x583) Image search: [Google]
1421012921449.jpg
70 KB, 540x583
I'm trying to quit weed

it should not be so hard but everyone around me is constantly smoking it, I smell it all the time and people keep mentioning it.

any tips for quitting?
>>
>any tips for quitting?

use your willpower

also, that's me as a parent.
>>
Remove yourself from any environment that exposes you to it.

I hid a heavy weed habit as a complete secret from everyone I knew for about a year; even the people I lived with. Quitting that was hard enough when nobody knew I smoked and I wasn't ever exposed to the temptation from other people. I can only imagine what it's like with friends constantly normalising the behaviour and/or tempting you.

Explain to them your goals and motives and ask they help you out. If they don't listen or understand, they're not people you want to spend time around anyway.
>>
>>17295757
they are totally cool with me not smoking

yet, they themselves smoke all the time and listen to weed music and movies making it hard to me to not think about it
>>
File: 1422246511416.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1422246511416.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>17295782
>listen to weed music
>>
A friend of mine smoked a lot more than me, one day when we offered him a joint he said he didn't want to and that was it. He sometimes asks if he can take a puff or two, but for a year if not longer he's thc-free. Worth mentioning that me and all other mutual friends still smoke.
On top of all that he's doesn't have much discipline or willpower for other things, but he pulled this one off easily.
From personal experience from taking weed breaks, the first week is the hardest, after that it's smooth sailing.
>>
>>17296031
the longest i quit was 2 months.
one day while my room mates were all smoking, I said fuck it and smoked
>>
>>17296019
Check out Sansara Blues Experiment you fucking pleb
>>
>>17296056
op here

thanks,I made a wonderful new discover on 4chan today!
>>
>>17296056
Excellent music, even when you're not smoking/drinking/taking anything.
>>
>>17295748
really it just comes down to willpower. I quit smoking weed about 4 months ago, I told my friends, the majority of which smoke weed, that i didn't do that any more and they were all understanding about it. I still hang out with them, they smoke around me, and they just know not to offer it to me and it's not a big deal.

other advice on this, i guess is find something different to do. I quit drinking the same time i quit weed, and pretty much replaced the two habits with drinking coffee and eating candy.
>>
>>17296327
thanks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.