[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I hide the fact that I dont have a social life or friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1466161963979.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1466161963979.gif
2 MB, 500x280
How do I hide the fact that I dont have a social life or friends for the past 4 years from my co-workers.

I mean I am more comfy now not going g out to clubs and bars like I used to just because that's what you are supposed to do. because that was never really me. I'm real homebody at heart and like staying in yet it's something I am insecure about if ppl find out.

another problem is how do I avoid going out when people invite me. I sense they know I don't really have plans when they invite me and I make up some reason not to go.
>>
>>17295009
>another problem is how do I avoid going out when people invite me.

Even if you're a homebody in general I can almost guarantee you are going to regret this. That's how I went through college - not accepting invitations because of a combination of being a homebody, shy, and not particularly liking some of the people inviting me, until I stopped getting invited at all.
>>
Just be honest and out right.

People who make up dodgy excuses and bail on plans are not well liked.
>>
I was in a similar situation, being a NEET and all, and told like 1/4 of my coworkers. They'll get over it.

As for declining invitations, I literally just say "Nah, I'm just gonna go home and watch a movie or something". I've made it clear that being around a bunch of people tires the hell out of me, and I'll really only hangout with like 3 or 4 people from work. And consider inviting them to do things as well; they won't invite you forever. Or at least accept an invitation every now and then.
>>
>>17295009
It won't kill you to accept the occasional invitation to hang out with your coworkers. The worst that will happen is that you'll have a no-fun evening, but you might actually enjoy yourself, and meanwhile you'll be establishing yourself as an ordinary, if shy, member of the gang and not a weirdo.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.