[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problem while installing Debian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160626_075149288.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160626_075149288.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
So what should I do here
>>
>>17294447
>installing debian
>don't know what to do at a screen asking you for network configuration

Go back to windows. This isn't for you
>>
>>17294447

Of all the fucking places you could have posted this (not just in 4chan) you go the place where most people come to discuss their relationship problems and why their oneitis prefers to fuck tyrone instead of them.

Specially when theres a board with a dedicated Linux General (g)

Go ask on g idiot.
>>
>>17294452
If I press retry network autoconfiguration or retry network auto configuration with a DHCP hostname. It says I am not using DHCP protocol or the DHCP server is slow (which I do not believe) and I am left with the manual option. And that's why am asking for help , what's up with my network not having this DHCP protocol
>>
>>17294457
When you enter /g the first thing you see is a mod post which says that /g is not for technical support and if you need technical help you should go to / wsr. I was wondering wether to post it there but if I did it would probably get deleted
>>
>>17294447
Configure Manually.
If you don't know what to do on the next screen, go back to windows and learn networking basics before considering debian again
>>
The problem isn't installing debian the problem is that your network cable is not connected or you don't have DHCP set up on your router.

Why are you even starting with debian, i would suggest starting with ubuntu if you want step by step help with installing.
>>
don't you never give up
>>
>>17294447
install gentoo
>>
>>17295097
Seconding gentoo. It actually feels like linux, as opposed to yet another glossed over distro that prefers to hide everything (I'm looking at you, Ubuntu)

Personally i like Arch on my servers (although two of my oldest run FreeBSD and Centos), and Gentoo on my desktop.
>>
>>17295053
first I tried to install Debian but a friend of mine told me not to and to install Ubuntu since it is much more newbie friendly. Keep in mind every time I boot up since I cancelled the installation I get asked to choose between Win10 or to continue installing Debian but I didn't see this as a problem since I would just press use Win10 and continue. So now I am installing Ubuntu and this pops up Force UEFI installation ? This machine's firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there may be existing operating systems installed using " BIOS comparability mode " . If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode , it might be difficult to reboot the machine into any BIOS mode operating systems later If you wish to install in UEFI mode and don't are about keeping the ability to boot one of the existing systems ,you have the option to force that here. If you keep the option to boot an existing system, you should NOT to force UEFI installation here I can click Go Back or Continue in UEFI mode. And it says " If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode it might be difficult to reboot" and I got told to install Debian and then Ubuntu so it can overlap Debian and delete its data.
>>
>>17295112
Why gentoo over Ubuntu
>>
>>17295091
I won't
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.