[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get smarter and develop personality? I mean, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: bakaass.jpg (83 KB, 581x640) Image search: [Google]
bakaass.jpg
83 KB, 581x640
How do I get smarter and develop personality?
I mean, I've got some decent learning capacities (Scored in the top 5% in a national test which is sort of like the SAT), but I just feel like I'm stupid, not sharp-minded, not knowledgeable etc.

I guess reading would be one, but what should I read? And what else should I do?
>>
>How do I get smarter-
Define smart. No one's truly smart. There are thousands of forms of intellect, just because a monkey can climb a tree and an elephant can't doesn't make an elephant dumb, the fucking monkey is just more likely to get ahead in life because it's a monkey world.

>and develop personality?
Stop taking everyone's word for it, make your own opinion weigh just as much as anybody else. Bonus points if you make it heavier, even if you're full of shit. Your life will improve, as long as you have self-esteem.

Hope this helped somehow.
>>
>>17293887
>Define smart
Knowledgeable, I guess? Logical? Sharp-minded? Interesting to talk to?

>Make your opinion weigh
Wouldn't it be silly and annoying to do so without backed up facts?
>>
>>17293871
Now, okay, my answer may not solve the underlying problem of the thing, but it's a good foundation. I was the most boring fucking person around and felt like a retard, but this helped fake smarts and personality for a while, and eventually turned into something I actually enjoyed.

Read, bruh. Like, even checking the news regularly will provide you with fresh shit to discuss. Variety of topics - easy to cover because hey, the fuckin' internet. Stay away from political discussion unless you know what the crowd goes for, never want to rile shit up, but reading about politics is a pretty solid way to make yourself feel better about your knowledge. Even if ultimately it's all the same shit everywhere.

Beyond that? Random articles on... anything, really, that catch your eye. There are guaranteed to be some subjects you find interesting, even if you hadn't considered them such before - that's usually because you never thought about it. I never cared much for science news... until I actually started reading articles about recent research. That in turn led to looking into relevant terms to actually understand what the shit, and so on, leading to actual knowledge. Sure, nothing too impressive, but a good start.

As for more practical use/training of logic/perception/whatever, plenty of games based on logic, and while the 'benefits' are debatable, it's good for making you feel good about yourself, which is clearly part of the point here.
>>
>>17293898
>Knowledgeable
Books nigga, read them.
>Logical, sharp minded
Learn how to play chess, if you don't know already. Playing poker with real people also kinda helps, 'cause you constantly trying to deceive/not be deceived
>Interesting
Read articles from all subjects, even if you're not particularly interested in. Learn a little from everything, and try to learn the most you can of the shit you like. Watch movies from other countries. I don't mean only the avant-garde, artsy shit, but the popcorn shit as well. That should build your ground about other cultures.
Pick the genres you like, for starters.
>>
>>17293871
reading just helps you regurgitate information, it doesnt help you analyze better.
>>
>>17293871

Have you tried doing the things that you like to do and would like to learn?
>>
>>17293953
>reading just helps you regurgitate information, it doesnt help you analyze better.

fucking lol. great quote from a non-reader.
readers everywhere just smiling at that gem. i'm screenshotting that
>>
>>17294493

Wow dude you sure got that anon holy shit, please dont share that screencap, holy fuck thats wrong.

-_- *sight* kill yourself.
>>
>>17294493
Great counter-argument.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.