[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A little while ago I was wating in the streets and found an outdoor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ;_;.png (706 KB, 673x681) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
706 KB, 673x681
A little while ago I was wating in the streets and found an outdoor cat. This cat seemed young, looked well-groomed and was rather friendly. He was really needy and as I pet him, he beings to drool a lot. A bit fell on my wrist and everything.

I later read that it could be, among other things, a sign of rabies in cats. As soon as I get home, I desinfect my whole body with ethanol (by which time the drool was pretty much dry). I didn't have any open wounds.

If the cat did have rabies, am I fucked in any way?
>>
>>17293638
the cat looked tkinda retarded, if it counts
>>
guys, c'mon, not even a reply? I'm scared shitless here.
>>
>>17293797

go to /an/
>>
You can't get rabies just from a bit of drool on your wrist unless there was an open wound
>>
>>17293797
You're gonna die op

Rabies absorbs in your body through osmosis. You were already infected by the time you got home. There is literally no cure for you.
>>
>>17293805
ok, thanks anon. But can I transmit the virus indirectly, like from my wrist to my mouth?

ex: let's say I got (pretty much dried) drool on my wrist, and that drools gets in contact with my hair, and my hair then touches my mouth. Is there a problem then?

>>17293812
I know you're trolling, but you're not helping guy
>>
>>17293638
>the cat looked tkinda retarded, if it counts
This changes everything.
>>
>>17293846
good or bad?

(sorry if the question is stupid, I'm a hypochondriac)
>>
>>17293815
If you touched your mouth when the drool was still wet or a few minutes after touching it, maybe. Virus tend to live for only a couple of minutes when outside of a warm body

Source:
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body.aspx

If you notice anything suspicious get to the hospital. Also take the cat to the vet, you don't pick up random animals from the street and expect them to be healthy.
>>
>>17293874

I didn't pick it up. I was just passing by this house and so the cat nearby and decided to pet it. Then kept going my way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.