[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna start off by saying that this will probably be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Fagot_(PSF).png (50 KB, 1303x638) Image search: [Google]
Fagot_(PSF).png
50 KB, 1303x638
I'm gonna start off by saying that this will probably be a bit jumbled but I'll try to state it as clearly as possible.

So for about ten years now, I've felt uncomfortable in my own body because of my gender, and I do understand how ridiculous that sounds. Recently I found out that there is an actual name for it and other people who feel the same way, and I've seen that some of them take hormones and have surgery to try to fix their problem. But as tempting as that does seem to me I know it won't actually fix my problem. So my question is; is there any way for me to just get rid of these feelings altogether?
>>
>>17292861
Remember the grass always seems greener on the other side.

Also if there was a magical painless, side effectless, reversible way to change your gender i would say go for it Hell i would try it out for fun. But that is not the world we live in. It is painful, aesthetic only and there is not going back.
>>
At the risk of sounding like /pol/ shitter, but aren't post-op trannies insane? Like, suicidal, the whole nine yards. I'm sure some of them transition just fine, but they seem like the minority.

There's an expression that goes "wherever you go, there you are".
>>
>>17292927
not op
>"wherever you go, there you are".
cool
>>
>>17292887
Are you a man or a woman, biologically?
>>
>>17292931
Damn, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

Basically, you can't run away from yourself
>>
>>17292936
Did you actually mean to respond to me? If so I'm a man.
>>
>>17292946
no no it was a good quote.
>>
>>17292948
I guess I'm going to hurt you now but your gender should not be an indicator for how happy you are and who you are to a certain degree.

This isn't to say gender doesn't matter, this means that if you are unhappy outside of your gender problems you might just want to be someone else and that someone else happens to be a female.

Try to have a fixed live to the best of you abillities, try to achieve the happiness you need in life and don't have a gender change because you see it as an escape from unhappiness and the reality of your current life but because you feel like you are currently not the gender you should've been born with.

You may be a woman inside a mans body but just because you get to finally be the gender you feel you are doesn't mean you will be magically happy with life.

Regardless of sex you're a complex human being with more to you than just your gender, have a sex change if you want to but don't forget that if you have troubles and problems emotionally or otherwise only you can change them through hard work.
>>
>>17293013
I guess I should answer your original question, no you cannot turn off something you 100% believe that would be delusional.

If you feel like something else might push you into this, try fixing it and then think about the sex change again or do ot and then fix your gender.

Just don't let your sex change be “the one thing out of this hellhole“, don't do that with anything.

There may be single actions fixing big problems but fixing your entire life with one motion that plays rarely any role on your problems would be stupid and unrealistic.
>>
>>17293013
>>17293032
Thank you. I'll definitely try this.
>>
>>17292861
Anti-psychotics have been known to treat this. People who try to actually "transition" are not treating their symptoms, but trying to act on their feelings. What they find out is that their feelings persist no matter what they do. It is like anorexia, you always feel like your body is wrong no matter how thin you get.

If you don't treat the symptoms, there's about a 50% suicide rate. You could just be confused, or you could have a very serious and self-destructive mental illness. Surgery and hormones won't help, you need to see a doctor and actually get the symptoms treated.
>>
>>17292861
>So for about ten years now, I've felt uncomfortable in my own body because of my gender, and I do understand how ridiculous that sounds.
First question: do you believe you would be more comfortable as the opposite gender? There is a tendency to lump all people with gender dysphoria together as transgender, but this isn't actually the case.

My point is that you shouldn't transituon because you feel it's the only way out, which your post seems to imply. Transition only if you are sure that you are "supposed" to be the opposite gender.
>>
>>17293353
I do feel that I would be more comfortable as the opposite gender. But I don't want to go through the whole process and just end up with a body that's completely screwed up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.