[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice about this guy I've been dating. Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 8_blog2.jpg (235 KB, 990x650) Image search: [Google]
8_blog2.jpg
235 KB, 990x650
Need some advice about this guy I've been dating. Can't determine if I'm just not tat into him or if having my interest wane after a while is just natural of all relationships and not necessarily indicative of anything. He has just been generally pretty passive aggressive the past few weeks. Whenever I confront him about it, he makes excuses for his behavior to somehow prove that it's not his fault. He has also been posting accomplishments on facebook in a way I find strange. He recently got re enrolled in college and posted his acceptance letter on facebook. He also recently got a car (he previously had none and I drove to see him) and posted a picture of it on facebook without even mentioning it to me first. Is it weird that I found it odd that he shared it with facebook friends before sending me a text about it? Lastly, and this is where I've really been questioning things, he called me a few nights ago late at night crying because his friends didn't show up to an event he had invited them to. I was just kind of surprised and didn't know what to say. We are both the same age, late 20s, and was wondering if that is normal or am I just being insensitive? I found it really odd that he would call me crying about something so trivial. what should I do? wait it out and see if things get better? go with my gut feeling and end it quickly? Thoughts? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17292109

stop being a moody bitch OP
>>
>>17292113
so am I in the wrong for this? If so how do I address my own shortcomings?
>>
also if this makes a difference, we've only been seeing each other a couple months, has not been a long term relationship as of yet.
>>
>>17292109
Sounds like a weird guy, although I can't say whether it's grounds to break up. Are these the only reasons? How long have you been feeling this way?
Also inb4 the inevitable wave of misogyny.
>>
well I'd say it's definitely too soon to end it

he's being a bit weird (especially the crying thing, but you can't really fault him for wanting to vent about his feelings or w/e)

i can't really offer any advice since you said you've already confronted him, but i think you should wait it out
>>
You do realize that noko is useless, right? You automatically stay in the thread
>>
>>17292208
Just the past few weeks. It's mostly just this stuff, but he gets really jealous when any guy trie to talk to me and is really insecure. I have insecurity issues too, so it's not so much that it annoys me as it is I don't know what to say to make him feel better.
>>
>>17292214
Yeah, I'm not faulting him for sharing his feelings, I was just a little I guess overwhelmed by the strength of emotions he was feeling for the situation? I'm not implying that men arent allowed to have feelings, was just really blindsided by his show of emotion on this particular thing.
>>
>>17292231
Yeah I get you, it sounds like an overreaction and maybe a red flag, but maybe something else is bothering him and making him more emotional?

>>17292228
I guess just reassure him that you don't care about random guys who try to talk to you and that he's more important than they are, but you've probably already done this
>>
>>17292252
I have talked with him about it but maybe I just brought it up in the wrong way. I try to mention it as soon as it happens and not rehash it after the fact, but he gets annoyed because he says I bring these things up out of the blue. should I be going about it differently?
>>
>>17292264
It's hard to say, if I were him (I'm an extremely jealous person) I'd appreciate the sentiment at any time, but I would imagine that getting reassured immediately would be ideal

care to elaborate a little on your conversations on this topic? Do you remember what you both said, what the situation was and other contextual information in some recent times where it happened? It just seems weird to me to get annoyed about you bringing it up out of the blue
>>
>>17292336
well we were at a county fair and we were walking, a man that i didn't know was staring at me in a way that was suggestive. we walked away and he said I can't believe that man was staring at you like that. I told him that I didn't think that he should feel any way about it and that he was just a random guy and im dating him and not interested in even talking to this random man. he said he knows that he is jealous often but that he cant help it and i told him if he could just remember that im with him and that i care about him than theres no reason to be jealous then he said why do you always bring stuff like this up out of the blue even though all that literally just happened. we got into an arguement over it and im not exactly sure why it had to be that way, im very conflict adverse and prefer to avoid arguing if at all possible.
>>
>>17292361
Well it sounds like he was just feeling uncomfortable/possessive that a guy was checking you out not actually jealous, but it sounds like your response was fine. I'm not sure about your first response though, the "I didn't think that he should feel any way about it part", if all he said was "I can't believe that he was staring at you like that"

I don't know what I'd say in that situation if I were you either, but I guess maybe you should've agreed with him and not paid it any mind? But you reassuring him that he's just a random guy and that you aren't interested in talking to him is a fine follow up to the first part of that sentence. I was kind of expecting something to do with a guy friend of yours, or someone actually asking you out. It's obvious that he's the jealous type though, so maybe just giving him as much positive attention as possible where it feels natural and waiting to see how your relationship turns out is ideal.

Maybe he's uncomfortable with his own thoughts and was just voicing his dissatisfaction with that situation, and you (most likely accurately) guessing what his thoughts were just caught him by surprise. I guess you could try taking a more inquisitive approach next time, asking more questions about how he feels to ease him into talking about it rather than assuming you know what's on his mind (even though you were probably right)
>>
>>17292477
Yeah, that's true, that's a good point. thanks for the advice. I've tried talking to my best friend about it but she was telling me everything seemed normal to her,however, her and her long term significant other are often at odds with each other so I took her adivce with a grain of salt.
>>
Your boyfriend is massively insecure.

Every action he makes is an effort in gaining the approval of others, or defending his pride.

It's a major red flag. You can try talking with him about it. Maybe he learns how to fix it. Or maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't, then tell him it's not going to work. Because it won't.
>>
>>17292109
If you aren't the type of person who is into the whole "game" of dating you should probably end it because that's what it seems like for him.

There's nothing wrong with that because many times the street goes both things and this is a time for people to explore.

It feels like shit when I start something with someone and I realise that they're just kind of casually pulling me along but that's normal for many people.
>>
Just do a better job at making him feel wanted and needed. Make him feel like he's the only one for you. Suck his dick and swallow. That helps too
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.