[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to handle epic failures, anons? When your image of yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1466596267444.gif (68 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1466596267444.gif
68 KB, 500x281
How to handle epic failures, anons?
When your image of yourself doesn't match reality and won't ever.
>>
File: 1466299368745-g.jpg (80 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1466299368745-g.jpg
80 KB, 1024x576
>>
just be yourself ;^)
>>
>>17291896
How to want to be yourself then?
>>
>>17291859
I have the same problem. Have a bump for answers.
>>
>>17291859
>When your image of yourself doesn't match reality and won't ever.
There are two basic strategies to deal with this: change the image to match yourself, or change yourself to match the image. Depending on yourself or your image, one strategy may be more practical than the other.

Tell us about yourself, and your image. What's the most serious mismatch? Do you know what causes it? What makes you so certain it can't be fixed?
>>
>>17292036

Well, to make a somewhat long story short I've always thought my younger cousin was into me. You know, prolonged touches, she'd always play around with her hair whenever talking to me e.g.

So yesterday I was at a family gathering and I sort of made my move, she freaked out and told the entire family
>>
>>17292078
I don't care if this is fake

It's beautiful
>>
>>17292101

I'm looking for genuine advice here. My family has been repulsed with me ever since. My mother hasn't spoken to me in a week and my cousin has blocked me on fb
>>
>>17292078
Dude...
It's too late. You gotta find a new family now. Maybe try a pack of wolves.
But in all seriousness (gotta admit it's hard in this case), it will take them a long, long time to forgive you. I would let them be for a while and reach out when they may have cooled down.
>>
>>17292120
Even if your cousin was into you it is generally common sense to not try to fuck your family members
>>
>>17292036
It's not as shitty problem as other anon's, i am going to be fired from the job i had a hard time to get in, because i missed all deadlines
>>
>>17292078
That must have been painful. I'm sorry to hear it.

But you speak as though your entire self-image were weapped up in your attraction to your cousin. Is that really the case?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm79TAM87s
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.