[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1 year after getting degree and still no job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: chick.gif (500 KB, 499x521) Image search: [Google]
chick.gif
500 KB, 499x521
Title says it all.
I have a good curriculum, an excellent portfolio (which was never visited by any of the people i sent my curriculum to), degree and I always reply to the job offers very professionally.

What am I doing wrong? I only had an interview so far, and the people that called me seemed interested, but when I told them I hand't applied for unemployed status they immediately lost interest.

I live in Portugal if it matters. Is this normal? How long does it take to find a job?
>>
How many applications have you submitted in the past thirty days?
>>
>>17290141
in the past 30 days? maybe 3.
in total over 20-30 along the year.
I'm not sure if it's a small number, but these are the only options for my degree and area. I would love to move out (as in, country wise one day hopefully) but I really need to find a job here first to start saving to move.
>>
>>17290147
Apply everywhere, even out of your area. You might have to move, but that's not a problem if you have a job waiting for you.
>>
>>17290150
I think this week I'm going to try those "temporary" jobs (that last a day, 1 week or so) because I can't find anything in my area.
It just sucks. Feels like I wasted 5 years for nothing. I don't mind landing a job outside my area but. Yea, it sucks.
>>
What degree do you have?
>>
>>17290165

Answer this question.

Also, a potential problem could be experience. You may need to get a job outside your field to build up the necessary skills in the employer's eyes. Try to work your way into supervisor positions. That always looks awesome in an interview.
>>
You're making a common mistake: looking for work compatible with your degree right away.
First work on several part-time jobs (or low requirements demanding full-times), even burger flippin'. That will get you on track with experience and it will fatten up your CV.
>>
>>17290402
Burger jobs are some of the worst jobs you can get for experience. Yeah, they'll keep you from starvation, but they're virtually worthless on a resume.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.