[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing a research paper about U.S. drug law for an English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: CJMGLN-XAAAbPgg.png (173 KB, 293x447) Image search: [Google]
CJMGLN-XAAAbPgg.png
173 KB, 293x447
>doing a research paper about U.S. drug law for an English comp 2 class in college
>the database I'm required to exclusively source from is so bad that it does not even have a single book or resource that actually lists U.S drug legislation or classifications with any level of specificity.
>in a paper about U.S drug law, I am not allowed to talk about U.S drug law in any certain terms
>my professor approved this topic
What the actual fuck do I do with this?
>>
How far into it are you? If it's not due tomorrow, talk to your prof tomorrow and ask for clarification and it's /thread.

If it's due tomorrow, break out the waffle iron, crank out some thick pastry, then pray it's mistaken for content.
>>
>>17289937
The paper is the final project, which is like next month, but he sprung a sudden powerpoint project on us that requires us to compile ALL of our research by Monday. This database is so shit that I only managed to find one actual scientific study, it's good but I need 7 more sources and none exist for this topic that aren't "Dude weed, the acid will make you smarter" level shit.
>>
>>17289950
Express your concerns.
If they don't fix it, talk to their boss.
Repeat until you have an assignment that makes sense.
>>
>>17289897
>for an English comp 2

You're thinking to hard about it.

Just do the work you've been assigned with the materials you've been given. Proving arguments with well-documented research is not require for this course. It's an English course. It's about how you write, not what's being said.
>>
>>17290013
". Proving arguments with well-documented research is not require for this course"
Yes, yes it is. For this course at least. I can write well, but the prof on multiple occasions has stated that he's going to be grading on level of substantiation first and writing quality second. This guy's a fuckass if what you're describing is the norm.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.