[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know what to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: betterdays.jpg (43 KB, 564x540) Image search: [Google]
betterdays.jpg
43 KB, 564x540
Hi anons, I've been feeling completely lost lately...

I took a degree in multimedia art, finished this year and graduated top of the class, and I've also done quite a few comissions outside for local bands and authors. I consider my work to be of professional quality, not wanting to brag but people really liked the posters, covers, t shirts and other projects designed. Problem is, the pay is a joke. It takes an awful amount of time to realize some of their really cool but complex ideas, and the reward for a month of work is less than going to a party entertain children for a day. Sometimes it feels really depressing.
So my family decided that I should go and finish my studies somewhere else, since international curriculums are much more valuable. I've applied for a few scholarships, I've yet to hear from some of them, but I'm really scared; I'm afraid my gf, who I really love and care for, will leave me during the 2 years I'll be away; I'm scared of failing and my family blaming me, they're really strict and try to avoid any kind of independence I can get, they only allowed this because it was their idea, for example, I could never get a summer job that would take place outside the house, only comissions or computer based jobs I could do from home...
Almost all my friends went away after the course finished, and I've almost no one to talk to about this... I still haven't told my gf I'll be going away, she doesn't take distance well and I think she'll leave me. I found a few masters in my country, both in animation and illustration, and started practicing tattoos with a friend, but at home they tell me all of those are basically useless, even though I love it and am learning well.

I don't know what to do anymore, any advice?
>>
Fuck your family. Do what you WANT to do, if they don't love you regardless they are a waste of your time. If you are worried about money, get a second job and have illustration be you other job. Invest in something that will go up in value like a house/stocks/small business and that will generate revenue.
>>
>>17288953
Thank you for the answer, I was starting to think about going into a part time job during those further studies so I could do that as soon as I came back, what do you think? It's the only plan I can come up with atm
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.