[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University in Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (47 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 2000x1200
If there are any German anons that can help me out I'm trying to figure out if I can go to university in Germany.

I'm a dual U.S/German citizen and could live with my mother in Germany so economically I'm set.

The problem is actually getting in to a university, all I have is a high school diploma and my GPA was bad 2.7 enough that I don't think any universities would take me.

So is there a pre-university program I could do for like a year or something and then take an exam?

It's hard to find information because my German sucks right now but I'm already working on it
>>
Was versuchst du zum major?
>>
>>17287865
Engineering
>>
>>17287868
Ho boy. Das sind durchaus konkurrenzfähig und die meisten Menschen in Deutschland versuchen, Ingenieure zu sein. Warum in Amerika studieren nicht?
>>
>>17287882
I could study here but it would be expensive and I want to spend time with my German family and see Europe, become fluent in German, etc.

Is there an equivalent to community college in the US? I'm capable and intelligent so if I were given an opportunity to learn required materials I could score very high marks. Definitely going to focus on learning German at the moment though.
>>
>>17287893
There are some schools you can go to if you have an apprenticeship done. There are also schools where you can do the abitur if you missed out on going to gymnasium. Tbh though you'll likely have to do community here and wow them with your gpa if you want to do that, the guys there certainly won't care if you're "hard working and intelligent", because they already have plenty of those.
>>
>>17287909
No doubt I just wanted to make sure the opportunities were there before I started thinking too much about this. Danke anon, I'll start figuring out my plan of action.
>>
>>17287919
Ja, I applied to Heidelburg and was denied since I had a shit GPA. I'm basically stuck in the states too. You always have the summers anyway.
>>
>>17287893
Fachhochschulen my friend. They often have engineering courses that only require a highschool degree.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.