[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently trellised that i am stupid. I am avarage level at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: wm281680tt1.jpg (177 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
wm281680tt1.jpg
177 KB, 507x338
I recently trellised that i am stupid. I am avarage level at work,

i can not win attention to the others , when i do it is for short time. When i person knows me better he or she starts avoiding me.

I got e few friends but life becomes boring and i want to win some more, but it appears that majority of the people are n't interested in me.

Guys please help! I could really use an advise right now!!!!!!!
>>
>>17287195
Grammar aside (not criticizing that), this post boils down to
>People don't find me appealing, therefore I must be stupid
...do I have that right?
If so, how are we supposed to help with that? Start reading some books.
>>
>>17287210
dude my hobby is reading and still i am stupid and an uniteresting person.

When i keep my mouth shut everything is ok.
But when i start talking my thoughts people become bored
>>
>>17287229
Lacking charm and/or charisma is not the same as lacking intelligence (and not a sin, either). It might be beneficial to work towards that goal; there are plenty of ways to do so. Just learn how to speak in public and sound/look appealing in general. Sounds good?
>>
>>17287195
stick to short sentences, like maybe 2 or 3 then shut up, don't ramble on - if its interesting, someone else will chime in and it will continue, if not, just quickly ask someone in the room a question
>>
>>17287237
>appealing
sound very good m8

I even read some books about this topic (mazbe the were not the right ones) and still.

I guess the charisma is the hidden power inside you and if you don't poses power, you are not interesting - prove me wrong
>>
>>17287283
I was gonna mention that piece of advice, but... I kinda feel like books fail to provide any actual guidelines in this case.

"Speak with a clear, loud voice! Smile! Be respectful! Be confident!"

Yeah, no shit.

I don't really know what to say, though. You could try watching some stand-up comedians on YouTube, maybe. Not to recycle their jokes, mind you; just to hear some good ones and come up with your own. Listen for their timing and so on.

And in the end, if it fails... at least you had some laughs and a good time, right?
>>
>>17287278
thanks man i do this but i feel i need to speak more and to be noticed and when i do that its a disaster.

The probelm is that i need attention and i am winning it by make a fool of myself (fool bigger than i am )
>>
I could never dance.
I was stupid in public and self-conscious.
I started dancing at home by myself.
And started becoming comfortable with myself.

Get alone with yourself. Get to know yourself. And let your self practice whatever it needs to, that its not used to doing.

Talk to yourself.
>>
>>17287303
dude people like to talk about themselves - ask about them, what they like and dig deeper. dont talk about yourself until asked, or maybe chime in with something you do relateable and shut up again.
>>
>>17287329
That might be a little general. But... I'm not OP.
I'm >>17287303 - and still not OP.
>>
>>17287329
tanks m8
i know about this too but the counvercation goes like this

what up - answer

how are you - answer and shuts up

so what do you do when you are of work - answer and shuts up

question question question - dude i must go somewhere else seeya and counversation is over
>>
>>17287195

When ur not a nerd, u must B stronk, like Ox.

Live like a windrammer as yuo fuck.
>>
>>17287344
maybe find a hobby and hang out there - at least you can talk about the common interest you both are doing, and maybe things might get better from there. maybe talk about football or women or more general things? worth a try i guess
>>
>>17287367
this with a hobby is a good idea

the bad thing is the guys are haved way many women than me
>>
>>17287380
no like talk about who is hot and stuff, you can talk about that forever if you wanted to, not like past experiences

start playing golf, or go to a book thing at the library idk there are a million things to get into. try it out, and if it sucks, try another thing out - you do it at mcdonalds when they come out with new shit to eat
>>
thanks for all of your tips guys appreciate it

I am going to sleep.

Best wishes from me and have a great day/ night (whatever part of the world are you right now) :)
>>
>>17287351
I don't think anyone would've understood your reference if it wasn't for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX30rK-lCOc
Don't worry anon, I've got you.
>>
>>17287695
This was glorious.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.