[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isolation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 236x354
I have separation anxiety with my LDR boyfriend. I've determined that I'm just afriad to be alone, hence the big bouts of sadness and depression when I'm alone.

How can I be more comfortable being alone?

Sometimes I fear I may not be suitable to even be in a relationship, and that I may have to start taking medication again (a different type because sertraline didn't do shit for me), and all of this just makes me even sadder.

I need help but I don't know what kind of help or where to start. So until I move to my boyfriend, how can I be more comfortable alone?
>>
Forgot to add: I was diagnosed with depression a couple years back, but it was a "no shit" thing. I knew I had it since I was in the single digit age range. I'm 24 now. That's at least 15 years of being depressed and it just keeps getting worse as time goes on. I've been on sertraline twice before and it didn't help it didn't hinder.

I don't want to be an emotional zombie I just want to be happy, and love and be loved
>>
>>17286765
Why don't you volunteer your time at some pet places, or with children. As a depressed person, It's probably hard to leave your house and volunteering sounds like a lot of extra energy to use that you may not. However, it could be exhilarating.
>>
>>17286814
I'd love to but all I do is work n sleep. Work leaves me too tired to do anything else but simply recuperate my body. My depression is caused by isolation, so you hit the nail on the head.

I don't know what to do if I'm not willing to go out of my way to talk to & hang out with others, sorry, so I just want to focus on trying to be ok with being alone

I was always the shy quiet girl with no friends
>>
>>17286863
The thing about being tired is that it's not really true. I know first hand. I'm in the army. There are days when I'm in the field for weeks at alike with only 2hrs of sleep and swear I'm not tired at all. Then there are days where I do nothing, and just feel like sleeping most of the day. Strength comes from passion and drive. You need a hobby.
>>
>>17286863
not this dude >>17286814
you sound like the best catch any anon could get

all us lonely sad dudes want an equally lonely and sad gal, so i guess, if there's any consolation, you sound equally as much of a "loser" as the majority in here
>>
>>17286879
Thanks anon :( I hang around /adv/ daily as I have for a long time, trying to advise when possible, asking for advice too sometimes.

I mreally trying my best here. Agree with other anon about getting a hobby. I used to be really into flying kites but the weather here is unpredictable. There is no steady wind.
>>
>>17286917
>I used to be really into flying kites

jesus no wonder you're depressed
>>
>>17286917
No worries, I just hope your boyfriend makes you happy like no one else could.

Maybe I'll find someone as miserable as you one day, so that I can make them happy.

No homo.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.