[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A guy at my workplace accidentally fried his hand in the deep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: nervouslego.jpg (689 KB, 2241x2380) Image search: [Google]
nervouslego.jpg
689 KB, 2241x2380
A guy at my workplace accidentally fried his hand in the deep fryer. I think I have PTSD. How do I cope with this??
>>
Damn, dog.
>>
>>17286443

Desensitization therapy. Eat only fried chicken fingers for a month and call again.
>>
>>17286443
Shoot an ar15, it'll clear up your PTSD within a few hours
>>
literally HOW????
did he jus dip it?????
>>
>>17286443
feel good knowing you will NEVER do that in your entire life
>>
>>17286591
Got it stuck under the basket.
>>
Go to liveleak and watch beheading videos until you're desensitized to pain, gore and death.
>>
>>17286443

That sucks, OP.

As a medic with combat and civilian experience, I am pretty good at compartmentalizing and staying zen. But even after twenty years, sometimes a case will get to me.

When it does, it is almost always a burn case. Those are just the worst.

I may be calm on the job, but then I will go home, workout for hours until I am exhausted, cry and get drunk and watch kitten videos and wish I could bleach the memory from my brain.

Human beings evolved to have a strong reaction to seeing traumatic injuries. Our bodies and minds stay stressed out and on high alert for weeks, trying to protect us from the same fate. It may not be rational, but it is what happens.

What you are experiencing is pretty normal, OP. See a counselor, if you are able. Maybe contact your employer to ask if they could provide one for the employees that witnessed this.

The best advice I have is to think about the good things in life, the things you have to be grateful for, and distract yourself with hobbies and happy activities as much as possible.
>>
>>17286551

I work in an ER, we once had a burn victim come in, and then this idiot intern walked down the hall all clueless and was like "who is cooking bacon in the breakroom?"

He was right. That is exactly what it smelled like.

Couldn't eat bacon for two years.
>>
Browse 4chan for a few years.
Once you're laughing at irl car accidents you're golden
>>
>>17286756
I've read that human flesh smells like pork when cooked, nice to get some confirmation on that.
>>
File: 1466290431319.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1466290431319.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>17286756
>I work in an ER, we once had a burn victim come in, and then this idiot intern walked down the hall all clueless and was like "who is cooking bacon in the breakroom?"
>>
>>17286443
I gotta hand it to you OP; shit sounds brutal.
>>
>>17286443

Tell us the story, OP. Were you there when it happened?
>>
>>17287077
I was washing dishes when I heard a scream. I rushed to the counter area, where the chip dude had his hand stuck in the chip machine. He yanked it out, and it was blistered to shit.
>>
>>17287346
Did he lose the hand?
>>
>>17287418
Nah, just burned it.
>>
>>17286665
Jesus Chris was this persona wearing a braslate or something?
>>
UPDATE: He is getting skin giraffes
>>
>>17286443
You're just being an edgy attention whore.
>>
>>17288194
Why, is he manlet?
>>
>>17286551

Shock therapy

I guarantee it will change you
>>
>>17288231
Like electric shock therapy?
>>
>>17288231

I was just referring to the radio advertisement in GTA San Andreas haha
>>
>>17288297
oh damn I thought it might be legit
>>
>>17286800
Does it taste like pork though?
>>
>>17286443
Accidentally? I worked at Sonic and dropped a piece of chicken in the oil. Instinctively i fished it out and instinctively i withdrew it once I got it. Hand was sore and sensitive to heat for a couple days and I couldn't even get it near the steamer. Nothing horrible though it was only in there for about 3 seconds but I don't see how anybody could fry their hand.
>>
>>17286443
You come to terms with how and why it happened. You tell yourself it won't happen to you because you have seen it and have learnt from anothers mistakes. You tell yourself it was not you, and therefore is able to be overcome. And you move on as you are able. Be shellshocked, not traumatized. It fucking sucks, I've seen it happen, I've oil burnt myself before (kitchens are fucking harsh let no one tell you otherwise) but again, you move on as you will. Allow yourself the time frame to be shocked within, then try move on.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.