[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never come to /adv/ but I have no idea what to do. Today and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1466042586078.jpg (71 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1466042586078.jpg
71 KB, 750x724
I never come to /adv/ but I have no idea what to do.
Today and yesterday I've been helping one of my moms "friends" do housework. I say "friends" because today, I found a letter while looking for one of the tools. Turns out it was from valentines day, and at one point my mom wrote "my heart jumped reading this! I love kissing you!"
This wouldn't be an issue if my mom hadn't been married to my stepdad fori almost 9 years. When I read that card I died a little inside because now I know I can't trust my own mother. my question is, what should I do? Even though I know telling my step dad is the right thing to do, I'm only 19 and I still depend on my family staying together. I've already planned out a method of running away to live with some other people I know will take me in. Should I do that instead? Should I just kill her?
>>
Don't do anything. It's not your problem and no one will get hurt if no one finds out. In adult relationships sometimes being unfaithful isn't that bad.
>>
>>17282533
Don't listen to this fucking idiot

Your stepfather has a right to know and in not telling him you are as bad as your mother. Rather than telling him directly, why not confront your mother and demand she tell him?
>>
Do you ACTUALLY like your step father?

Leave the note somewhere for him to find

Not really care?

Don't do shit but never forget this
>>
>>17282544
this
>>
No I'm with >>17282533. Sticking your nose in other people's business has a tendency not to work out the way you hope it will. If you absolutely must do something, confront your mother before talking your step dad. You can explain to her why it's any of your business.>>17282533
>>
>>17282544
I don't want to be an enabler but I don't want to screw myself over either. Should I handle all my business and then confront her so that it doesn't ruin my life?
Fuck she has 2 kids with my stepdad. I haven't even considered what will happen to them
>>
>>17282516
Think of how this is going to back fire. Your mother will probably throw you under the bus, and your step father will kick you out.
By intervening, you become an intergral part of the issue.
Is that really important to you? Just bail, dude.
>>
>>17282516
Leave the letter in a place where your father can find it. It's an indirect way of letting him know and no one can really blame you.
>>
>>17282635
It would be obvious that OP put it there if his stepfather had an IQ higher than 70.
>>
that shit just leads to disaster
my bro knew my dad was cheating for a while and didnt say shit, when i found out i immediately cried my eyes out cause i felt really bad for my mom, then she asked and i told her, shitstorm ensued
>>
>>17282668
Describe the shitstorm, please.
>>
He has the right to know.
Tell him.
>>
>>17282547
I dont like my step father but he's still a human with feelings.
>>17282559
If he does kick me out that's fine. I could find a place to stay so that's not worrying me at all. What I'm worried about now is how my two sisters will be if shit hats the fan.
>>17282635
I left the house without the letter and I refuse to go back. I'm supposed to be helping him out all week but I'm just going to call him saying I'm sick while I figure out what to do.

Honestly killing her seems logical right now. If there is anything I hate it's a traitor, no matter who it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x435
>>17282816
>>
>>17282516
Whatever you do, take action. The worst thing you can do is to carry on watching your family pretending to be normal
>>
>>17282996
The worst thing he could do is be a tattletale and fuck over his entire family life to make himself feel better.
Also, it's not like his mom wrote "Your cock is so big, Tyrone. Can't wait to fuck again ;)"
>>
>>17283023
So cheating is okay if it's just a kiss? Fuck off. He can speak to his mom about it and he can go from there. But he can't just put up with this shit.
>>
>>17283023
It's not to make myself feel better, its because its the morally right thing to do. You are right that it would be wrong to fuck over my family though. I think I'll confront my mom about it, but nothing more than that.
>>
>>17282816
How old are the kids? If their well being means more to you than stepdad, then maybe hold your tongue for a couple years.
>>
>>17283042
>morally right
Morals are subjective.
>>17283039
He'll have to put up with a sizable family conflict if he does tattletale.
>>
>>17283116
And if he doesn't he'll have to keep that secret, that his mom - who's supposed to be a person some can look up to in life - isn't that kind of person. Maybe you can live with that, maybe you grew up knowing your mom was a piece of shit but to be raised believing they're a good person, only to learn they've done something this shitty is not a fun time. Doubly so if you're not gonna tell anyone.
>>
>>17283138
Confronting his family isn't going to change the fact that his mother isn't the trustworthy person he thought she was.

OP, take a week or two to think about it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.