[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting kicked out of parents house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 182831260.jpg (18 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
182831260.jpg
18 KB, 660x495
So my father is kicking me out of the house cause we've been in multiple fights recently and don't see eye to eye.

Problem is, i'm an egineering student and i don't think i could pay my studies + rent for an appartment.

So should i quit school for a semester or two to maek money and work full time to pay rent and studies afterward or not?

Facts:
~7000$ in bank
School is ~1500$ per semester so 3000 a year
Can't get any appartment below 550-600 per month, and those are the shitty 1 1/2 ones
Need to pay bus passes each month (100$)
Need to get my diploma so i can get a job and make money
Need to make it out alive, aka feed myself
Already have a good paying part time job, could probably go full time

WHat should i do?
>>
>>17282482
oh yeah and i have to pay insurances and shit
>>
>>17282482
>So should i quit school for a semester or two to maek money and work full time to pay rent and studies afterward or not?
Sounds like the best plan to me. You were stupid to antagonise your father when you depend on him though.

>inb4 it wasn't me
>>
File: 1454674720213.jpg (387 KB, 1369x1086) Image search: [Google]
1454674720213.jpg
387 KB, 1369x1086
>>17282482
>2016
>still paying for education

There is no more advice to give to an american except get the fuck out of your country ASAP
>>
>>17282498
I'm from canadia
>>
>>17282501
Canada is in America
The continent is America
>>
>>17282482
The problem with taking off of school and working is the very real chance that you never go back to school. This has happened to two of my friends. They both have good jobs and are happy, but no degree.

Because of this concern, most people take out student loans and essentially sell themselves into slavery. Student loans are horrible and no one should ever get them, except.....
for a degree that makes a good income, like engineering, and only if you will actually complete the degree in a reasonable amount of time. So if you are at least a 2nd year student and have good grades then borrow just enough with student loans to survive and bust out the degree. If you have any doubts about your desire or ability to do that, take off the semester and work.
>>
>>17282482
get a student loan and pay it after ur degree. getting a job now will only make you feel comofrtabole with it in the ftuturel.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.