[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a court date friday for a "failure to reduce speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (845 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
file.png
845 KB, 960x536
Have a court date friday for a "failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident" ticket after an accident.

The only witness to the accident was the guy I hit, it was just a fender bender no injuries/insurance already fixed everything, and the cop had told me that the other guy didn't have to go to court.

I want to plead not guilty to avoid paying the fine/court costs/supervision, but not sure how it all goes down outside of having to stay till the end and I might lose somehow.

Anyone been in a similar situation and managed to win their not guilty plea?
>>
>>17282432
you couldve said it didnt happen if there was no cameras or cars hit, but you cant win here. you can get it reduced if you state some personal or medical problem.
>>
>>17282721
why would the officer tell me I could get it dismissed then
>>
Plead not guilty and argue that it was reasonable to believe that reducing speed would have made the accident unavoidable.
>>
>>17283079
do you mean "would not have"?
>>
>>17282432
Talk to a lawyer.
Always, always talk to a lawyer.
It sounds BS enough that he can get it tossed out, but laws vary so much from country to country and even state to state that you need an expert.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.