[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military or University?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I've always had a dream of joining the military but I realised it's not the best career choice in terms of money if you join as an enlisted soldier. Officers have it better and I will be trying to apply as one, but I feel like there is a high probability I will be rejected. (This is for the UK military btw)

Unfortunately, i fucked my A Levels up and scraped D's and C's. Would it be worth retaking my A Levels independently, trying to get A's (Which I think I could get with serious studying, i fucked around in sixth form) and then going for a degree in business/finance or something? I would go engineering but I feel like 3 years of maths will wear me down too much (I enjoy maths sometimes but the other times it can be extremely hard for me to understand certain topics and it saps my willpower to study)

Do people look down on you if you join as a soldier and stay in the mil for 6-8 years as a medium length career?

What should I do guys? I'm quite torn between the two options since either one can determine my future life.
>>
File: horrifying reality.gif (26 KB, 219x290) Image search: [Google]
horrifying reality.gif
26 KB, 219x290
Engineering is a poor career choice. Already most of the "engineering" is done by data-entry drones typing into computers.

The military is a good choice if you don't mind killing people you don't know in exchange for money. Of course, the Mafia does the same thing and pays quite a bit better.

Tough choice. Choose wisely.
>>
>>17282186
Military is about serving your country, not killing people for money.
>>
>>17282186
>Military is about serving your country

What has the country done for me that I should serve it?
Military is a fucking joke, OP, they talk shit about teaching you discipline when all they do is make you do the bed and kneel like a dumb fucking dog.
>>
>>17282194

then you get your legs blown off in hellholeistan because hillary wants better oil deals with saudi arabia and the VA tells you to come back next month when you report suicidal feelings
>>
>>17281898
I don't know how it is in the UK but if it's anything like the US you could enlist, earn a degree, then apply to be an officer.

>Do people look down on you if you join as a soldier and stay in the mil for 6-8 years as a medium length career?

I read that stats show most people leave after their first enlistment. Plus, chicks still dig the uniform. Saw a girl on the bus throw herself at this guy in uniform.
>>
>>17281898
Why not both? Enlist, they'll pay you to get a degree, then you come back and serve as an officer.
>>
Could you join the reserves in the meantime?

I'm in the reserves in Canada and I fucking love it.
>>
>>17283480
Fucked my A levels up. I can't get into pretty much any university. Only choice would be to retake my A levels which I don't think you can do in the Army as far as my research tells me. Of course, the stuff on the internet might not be 100% correct or even outdated
>>
>>17282226
>this is what underage poster actually believe
3/10 you got a reply
>>
>>17283540
I fucking hate the mo
>>
>>17283540
Possibly, I'd have to see how the transition from Territorial Army > Regular works
>>
>>17283540
Useless reservist scum.
>>
Military.

>do cool stuff regardless of branch usually
>privilege to serve your country and be part of something greater
>learn valuable skills, discipline, teamwork, leadership, ect ect
>good on resume in the real world
>if you enjoy it you can make a career out of it
>you get used to mili life and may even prefer it over civi life

College.

>may meet people and make friends
>may get to into parties and all that
>the college experience
>earn a degree that will narrow down to a career you may love and be passionate about
>>
>>17286057
Yeah, I mean I am dedicated to joining, but I want to know if I should pick going to the military at 19 vs going to the military at 23~
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.