[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other ugly males here have mild depression due to it ? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 570x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 570x379
Any other ugly males here have mild depression due to it ? How do you guys deal with it because it's getting in the way of my studying.

At first I thought I could fix it by eating better, getting fit , get a good haircut and keep my fave clean as fuck. Well I think I'm just hopefully fucked. Did this for over 2 years and my body is around 10 percent so I'm not fat and I was never fat.

I'm about to give it one more try and take the day off from studying today and compile a list of foods to eat that may help improve my looks and also add on a couple meals to gain a little more lean mass.

I doubt I'll see results from this and I'm beating a dead horse but I feel like I should at least try it.
>>
>>17281736
>Any other ugly males here have mild depression due to it ?

Not really. Getting shot in the face did but I'm comfortable with myself now. Couldn't care what anyone else thinks of me.
>>
What are your problem areas? Do you have a narrow jaw, bug eyes, a long midface?

All of these can be corrected, but it's difficult to make any suggestions without seeing an image of you.
>>
>>17281758
Well I'm at work so no images of me. I don't really know my problem areas. People say I have really deep set eyes and a slightly larger nose which makes me look waspy. Generally I just feel
Like every area is a problem area.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 800x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 800x256
I'm an otherwise pretty male with serious acne and scarring that makes me pretty ugly, and I have felt great depression for many years.

What I basically ended up doing was growing a pair of balls and just pretending to be entirely confident in myself at all times with others. Not overconfident, but like I know what I'm doing and who I am even if I'm lost.

Keep up with keeping yourself tidy, healthy and clean as fuck and just feign confidence my friend. You know the saying fake it til you make it, even if you don't make it entirely you'll still go far if you can fake it real well.

Food can't change the way you look anon, grow a pair and accept yourself for how you look. Get confident enough to make jokes about it with close friends even, and don't skip classes for that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 480x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 480x224
>>17281752
Seriously?
>>17281758
>>17281763
Corrective surgeries can make you look like shit, and it's also the pussy way out. Being so vain you bend over backwards just to feel okay with yourself, in skin that is not yours.

GROW A PAIR
R
O
W

A

P
A
I
R

Be like the anon that got shot in the face and be a fucking trooper, private
>>
>>17281771
Yeah I figured the food won't help but I'll give one last attempt. I don't miss class but in order to be what I want to be learning outside the class room is very important.
>>
>>17281763

Well, an easy place to start is to do the following:

>Keep your head in a neutral position. Don't lean forward or slouch, and don't jut your jaw.
>Keep your lips and teeth together.
>Any time you're not talking / eating / sleeping, press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.

If it doesn't entirely fit up there, that's okay - try to get as much as you can. This will contribute to the eventual widening of your palate.

Do your best to get the entire tongue - sucking in your saliva and making a long-form "n" sound will help get the posterior part of the tongue in position.

Do NOT breathe through your mouth. Do NOT allow yourself to slip into a forward head posture. Do not "gulp" when you swallow - the only muscle you should feel move slightly is your tongue,

It's also not a bad idea to chew hard gum for 2-3 hours a day, or to cultivate a diet heavy on hard foods. This will contribute to the stregnth of your masseter muscles, put favorable strain on your facial osteoture, and eventually give you more "dimorphic" facial look.

Doing all of the above will favorably remodel your bones, but it will take a long time.

The other route is oral / maxillofacial surgery, which I actually do recommend, but it's impossible to say whether you're a candidate for anything like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 604x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 604x194
>>17281780
>be what I want to be
Everyone wants to be attractive, and wealthy, and famous, etc etc. Make what you want to be something productive, that requires great work and accomplishments. People respect confident ugly people.
>>
>>17281775

> grow a pair

Good advice, but OP can actually ASCEND - he'll find it much easier to be confident when he has something to be confident about.
>>
>>17281791
Being confident in your looks is trivial. Being confident in your accomplishments is the top.
>>
>>17281796

He can have both, anon. Anyone with enough knowledge and presence of mind now has a path to legit ascension, if he's willing to look hard enough.

OP, there's a lot more I can suggest, if you're up for it.
>>
>>17281807
As long as it does not involve surgery then yes
>>
>>17281736
Post a picture. Most of you who complain about this shit aren't ugly.
>>
>>17281807
I just wanted to know how to not be depressed about being ugly.
>>
>>17281816

First off, a word of warning about the chewing falim gum: it does induce masseter hypertrophy and will soft-max your jaw, but too much will seriously inflame your temporomandibular joint. To produce a symmetrical result, you're to chew a relatively equal amount on both sides of your mouth, and never to exceed 2.5 to 3 hours of chewing per day.

If you have dark circles or under-eye hollows, tilt your head slightly back while in rooms which are lit from above - this will reduce the "ghoulish" appearance that comes with mildly retruded or maldeveloped orbital bones.

A huge part of how attractive you appear is your complexion - very underrated in male attractiveness. The following are legit for improving your complexion permanently:

>Tretinoin Gel

Basically Retin-A, if you're ever heard of that. Begin with a very small amount applied topically - a pea sized drop of the .01% gel should do the trick. You'll notice a certain redness and irritation to your skin after a few days, which will culminate in slight peeling soon after. A few weeks of this, however, will undo much of the surface damage that's been done to your skin and give you an overall healthier look.

>Hyaluronic Acid / Vitamin C

Improved my under-eye region a great deal - much healthier glow when paired with Vitamin D and Tretinoin, so I can only assume it's legit.

> Neova Sport Sunscreen

Any time you're planning to go out in the sun, apply a little of this. I'm not sure how helpful the "restorative" agents in Neova are, but it's definitely a legit sunscreen which doesn't feel too "heavy" on your skin.

> Carrots / Tomatoes / Krill Oil

These contain bato-carotene, lycopene, and astaxanthin respectively. They are useful in lending "undertones" to your skin - a significant dose of beta carotene will create a slightly orange "glow" which looks good when paired with a slight tan, while lycopene and astaxanthin produce reddish and pink undertones respectively. Takes a while.
>>
>>17281784
I'm op yeah and I want a good job which to me is software or application development and I'm going to go for a master on computer engineering. All I want to know is how to stop being depressed about being ugly since I can't fix it without surgery. The fact I've never been on a date due to me being ugly as shit is affecting my studying. I loss an hour of studying because I think I can solve this problem of being ugly even though I can't.
>>
>>17281823
This. The problem with most people who think they're ugly is that they consume a shitload of media and therefore have a completely wrongful impression of beauty standards ingrained in their minds.

Just because you don't look like a Hollywood movie star, doesn't mean you're ugly. You're most likely an average looking guy, who's weighed down by insecurities so much, you've convinced yourself of things that simply aren't true.

Post a pic, though. It's possible that you're actually ugly.
>>
>>17281921
Sorry been working. For males, looks alone are a small part of females' attraction to you. Confidence alone makes you much more attractive
>>
File: desire-to-know-more.jpg (27 KB, 628x502) Image search: [Google]
desire-to-know-more.jpg
27 KB, 628x502
>>17281783
Where do you learn stuff like this?
>>
>>17281736
>How do you guys deal with it
I cant deal with it. So you're not the only one.
My depression is so severe that i pretty much dont do anything all day.
I dont study i dont socialize i dont play computer games like i used to. Nothing.
All i want is that i was never born in the first place.
>>
>>17282242
I feel the same but I just keep going
>>
You will not achieve happiness until you no longer care what others think, and embrace your own thoughts as truth.
>>
File: 9CCligc.jpg (42 KB, 635x674) Image search: [Google]
9CCligc.jpg
42 KB, 635x674
op here.
>>17282084
i dont consume a lot of media.
I don't want to look like a movie star, id rather look like a model. Average is not good either in most cases.

>>17282088
I don't have confidence in my looks, since Ive never been on a date and women do not speak to me. I can have confidence in other area's but I have got feedback in those area's that why im confident. I was confident I would get an A on my math final because most of all my other grades were A's.

>>17282242
you might need to see an actual doctor.
>>17282347
thanks fortune cookie.
>>
>>17281736
no u dont study because u have a multitude of problems not just because ur ugly.
>>
>>17282701
I had a 3.7 gpa last semester, so yeah i do study chief.

Might as well not have posted since you didnt help.
>>
File: shorter beard.jpg (59 KB, 483x558) Image search: [Google]
shorter beard.jpg
59 KB, 483x558
>>17281736
even i thought i was ugly. then i realized it doesn't matter, even the hottest people in the world are insecure as fuck.
it was then when i realized, building your ego on looks is retarded. i'm proud of myself and for who i am and what i did.
so just accept that some people are born better looking and some aren't. they didn't do anything for their genetics.

grow bigger.
it's way worse being the smaller person than being good looking.
>>
>>17281736
>How do you guys deal with it because it's getting in the way of my studying.
Get good looking. It's not that hard, really. Go to /fa and/or /fit
>>
You don't want to be attractive: a lot of ugly dudes resent you because you won the lottery and they didn't.

It gets old.
>>
>>17282857
Lol I'm pretty fit like 10 percent body fat and my dress is more like a European white male not an American white male.
>>
>>17283288
I'm German fag face an you wear ugly ass shit. Get some money on your hands and wear decent shit. Do part time jobs if necessary.

I know best what it is like to be an ugly slob because I'm the queen of ugly slobs.
I've worn male clothes for the most part of my life and said clothing was over ten years old before I threw it out. Also I never wear any makeup at all and if I wear something it looks like everyday makeup of other girls.
But in the meantime I got married and changed my habits. I feel like I'm fucking new born man. I often get told I'm such a natural/exotic beauty, whereas people/family NEVER told me that before. NEVER. I only changed my clothing to fitting stylish ones and fixed my body posture and my hair.

Some pretty smart and awesome guy fell in love with me because he saw past all of that in the mean time. But I'm female, don't expect that to happen to you.
I can smell ugly slobs 100 miles against the wind. You are one pretty fucking ugly slob. Change it. Now. Or be stuck with fat chicks your whole life.
>>
>>17281736
>it's getting in the way of my studying.
Why? What the hell do you study? Cosmetics?
Look at basically any advanced college or professional school and it'll be full of hideous fucks.
Just accept shit you can't change, man.
>>
>>17282861
Yeah, I can confirm this. It's even worse when you're naturally athletic and were born rich. I know it sounds like humblebragging but I just get so fucking tired of all the envy all fucking day. At least my dick is small.

Just kidding, my dick is huge.

Goddamn it sucks to be me.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.