[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sleep is fucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cant-sleep-sleep.png (47 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
cant-sleep-sleep.png
47 KB, 600x700
So basically, tried many drugs, tried light therapy, sleep hygiene, bunch of natural products, etc

For every year my life continues on, I'll get about 7-9 months of reasonable sleep.

Six hours or so while allowing me to work days, and then it all goes to shit.

I've not been to work in almost 3 months, I have a commute out of the city, so I don't want to fall asleep and crash and die.

I can't maintain a job, I've been lucky this one place let's me keep taking time off, but at some point I'm going to be let go.

The fuck do I do? Sleep program has a fucking 4 month wait to get a damn referral letter that says it'll be up to THREE WHOLE YEARS before I can see someone.

Free healthcare as Canada, doesn't mean fast healthcare.

I don't want to be homeless, jobless, or job hopping every x months and trying to always explain this shit.

Couldn't get through college due to this shit.

The fuck do I do?
>>
>>17281676
What exactly is the problem with your sleep? Can you not fall asleep, or is your sleep unrefreshing?

I would recommend going private, public wait times are pretty bullshit.
>>
>>17281676
You need to exercise op. Theres no other way to fix it other than making yourself tired by doing strenuous activities
>>
>>17281692
I tend towards being nocturnal, and it's punctuated with periods of just not being able to sleep for 24-48 hours

Private costs money I don't have from that job I can't work
>>17281700
Sorry I left that off my list, I can do an hour of anaerobic, an hour or aerobic, or spend eight hours of manual labor and still have shit sleep
>>
>>17281716
Have you also tried melatonin? Meditation? You might have to bite the bullet and just wait for the appointment. Could you possibly jump the queue? I'm not from Canada, but my country has universal healthcare too. My GP wrote a letter saying how my situation was really fucked etc. and I got jumped to the front of the queue for my sleep shit.

It sounds like you would be good for graveyard shifts.
>>
>>17281743
Can't jump the queue, tried those things to no effect, graveyard only goes well until I start not sleeping for 20+ hours at a time which happens every so often.

It fucks me right up, I hate it
>>
Hello? Help
>>
>>17281676
Yer fucked m8
>>
>>17283731
I've had sleep pattern issues for a long time which started because of erratic work hours and my lifestyle.

I went to a new doctor and explained that all the drugs I had previously tried had no effect.
He gave me stillnox (zolpidem?) which worked fucking great.
Every ~12 months I'll go get 30-60 tabs to correct my sleep throughout the year.
5 nights will usually do it then I'm back to normal.

Another huge thing was working out. Cardio. A good half/full hour per day of running or equivalent.

Don't sit on a computer or anything like that before bed. Turn it all off an hour before bed and go read a book or something.
>>
>>17283765
I'll check if I've taken that drug yet or not.

I already practice good sleep hygiene, and get good exercise
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.