[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your breakup story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 640x400
Is anyone else going through a breakup? The only woman I've ever loved it said I love you to is gone. Won't reply to my messages. I'll never see her again. I'll never kiss her again or wake up next to her again. I'm drowning it in alcohol and sending her messages that are unfair but I can stop myself. I've totally fucked up the best thing I've ever had and I don't think I'll ever get over it.

Tell me your stories so I don't feel so pathetic and alone.
>>
>>17280493
I haven't broken up with anybody in a long time, but I remember that feel.

the first one usually hurts the worst. at least that was the case for me and for a lot of people I've talked to. it took me a year and a half to get over my first bf. the second one, it took a few months. after that it was maybe a month or two per breakup (been in 5 relationships not counting current).

but yeah I remember that first one. we were together less than a month, but when he dumped me I felt like I'd lost a limb. granted, I was always a bit on the needy side, and I had horrible social skills and was as cringey as any frogposter or tumblrina. so I'm sure I was pretty horrible to be around. but from inside it just hurt so goddamn fucking bad all the fucking time. and at the time I didn't know that letting go happens gradually and kinda in stages, and that while it's ok to grieve, you have to make a conscious effort not to wallow in grief. I thought you just let go and boom that's it (idk where I got that, I was dumb as fuck), and I couldn't do that. so I just hung onto the past for dear life.

then I met someone else, and with each relationship it got easier as I learned more and more ways to cope without being a complete BPD sperg about it.

it'll get easier. just try to remember the good times, and resolve to make more good times in the future if you should ever try again.
>>
>>17280493
I found out my boyfriend cheated on me. When I discovered this news I got down on my knees and prayed for the lord to ask him to protect my ex, because his ass is going to die. I didn't have to do most of the work, as he basically destroyed himself. All of his friends abandoned him, because as it turns out no one likes a cheater. A group of guys I know took it upon their selves to beat him up anytime and anywhere they saw him. He stopped leaving his house except to go to school and back. The girl he cheated on me with called me to tell me, and she and I have become best friends now. She didn't know, as he told her that he broke up with me a long time ago. He has now had to change addresses, phone numbers, even his damn hairstyles. Now this would sound like a triumphant story, but as >>17280545 said, the first breakup hurts the worst. I was so heartbroken and destroyed, and it was so ironic that he and I had said how much we both hate cheaters. But I managed to raise myself back up, but the scar is still there.

That make you feel better OP?
>>
>>17280578
> A group of guys I know took it upon their selves to beat him up anytime and anywhere they saw him

holy shit that's terrible
lmao
>>
I started my first relationship last year. My ex was an amazing boyfriend at first and was very loving to me. However, five or so month into our relationship l, he started to insult, criticize and ignore me more and more. He'd blame his attitude on stress from school.

I broke up with him at first when my friends told me he was being emotionally abusive. Thinking I made a mistake though and not giving him a chance, I went back to him. He exploded on me but then two days later said he wanted to stay friends. I accepted this not realizing things would get worse.

Staying "friends" with him was only an excuse for him to emotionally abuse me. He'd use me as someone to complain constantly about his petty problems or to demean while ignoring me in between those instances. The bouts would get worse and worse and I got sick of it eventually. It was clear he enjoyed seeing me suffer. When I finally was determined to leave him for good, it wasn't without him sending angry messages and vague threats toward me.

It's been a month since we last talked. While I know I can never go back, the whole thing is still on my mind almost every day and I'm pretty convinced he must have narcissistic personality disorder (his grandparents have it and I'm sure his mom does too). In some strange way, I miss him but I understand that it's the addiction/withdrawal side of being in a relationship that's getting to me. I'm pissed that I gave so much to such a monster of a human being though. I doubt he was even capable of feeling love or compassion. The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced he's narcissistic (his grandmother has npd and I'm sure his mom does too).

Anyways, having an emotionally abusive relationship as your first one blows. I still feel broken by what happened and it will be a while before I feel whole again.
>>
Here goes, it was 14 months ago.things weren't going so great for me. our car had caught on fire and i'd used all my savings (which was to unsuspend my license) to fix my first car and junked the burned one. a month or so passes and i lose my job dumpster diving to provide for us. apparently the company would rather us starve than allow me to take what was already in the garbage. i slippeed into depression at that point, while she slipped further and further away from me. other things happened too like this one girl accusing me of raping her when i was black out drunk sleeping with my girlfriend when my girlfriend asked me for my side of the story i couldnt give her straight answer. i was black out drunk. i thought i was by your side the whole night. move forward to ten months ago, i finally get a new job, best paying job ive held, i work for the same hospital she does different complex. work was stressing me out because my coworkers were damn near as crazy as the patients i worked with. not only that but i could feel her drifting away. Then it happened i got arrested for driving with a suspended license. she was in the car with me when it happened. i was in jail for 20 hours i missed a shift at the hospital i had asked her to call in and tell them what happened and she didnt. instead when i got home there was a note written in red on the door, "I can't help you anymore, call your mom maybe she will." i thought oh maybe she's in class or wrote that this morning and hasnt made it back. i check to see if the car is in the parking lot just in case. it was. thats when my stomach hit the floor. i knew something was wrong. i immediately went around to the bedroom window ripped the screen off climbed in and on the bed was all her clothes and her favorite suitcase half packed. i began pacing the apartment thinking this is a joke this was all some crazy prank. it was like a movie set. it felt so staged but it wasnt she was gone. and it just so happened to be my birthday.
>>
>>17280740
Shit didn't mean to repeat the npd bit. I cant delete my post either. Fuck typing on mobile.
>>
My first relationship was messed up from the start. After 4 years of knowing that guy and being exhausted and disrespected, I decided not to talk to him for a month, waiting for him to say he was sorry for having insulted me. No sorry came. Instead he found a new girlfriend.
I just went mad, I always thought that we'd end up together in the end but touching another girl meant that it would never happen.
I was too young and I did the worst things possible (cry on the phone, try to flirt with him and getting rejected, cry cry cry).
I couldn't be friend with him as he asked so I just stopped talking to him. It lasted almost a year and then he sent me a message on facebook and started telling me about all the girls he was fucking thanks to Tinder, and at the same time tried to mess up with my mind.
I should never have replied to him, ex always come back but that doesnt mean it's a good thing.

>>17280740
Same thing happened to me with my 2nd boyfriend! I don't want to talk to him anymore but he still has my video games :(
>>
I broke up with my gf a month ago but the last few months were horrible cuz she was getting over me while being with me.She was my first and we were together a year and a half and lived together...and a month ago she brome up with me and shes with someone else already while Im still trying to get over her
>>
File: 1463056077749.gif (662 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
1463056077749.gif
662 KB, 800x528
>>17280493
Okay Anon here it goes.

This happened about a year ago now

I met my first girlfriend in highschool, she was a year older than me, basically my first kiss, date, lost our virginity together, etc.

About a year prior to me breaking with her she met a new group of "friends" that basically drove her away from her actual friends and loved ones, even her parents too, 2 of these "friends" she became sus with, like i felt something wasn't right or in the correct state of mind towards it.

2 months pass and she wanted to go over to one of these "friends" house and i told her i was extremely uncomfortable with it, since whenever we were together she'd talk or text this bloke, she did it anyway, and sorrowfully admitted to making out with this guy, i told her i'm done with you etc. she came running back and just clinged to me until i gave in and forgave her and gave her another chance,

( worst mistake of my life, once a cheater always a cheater, remember anons... )

few months pass and she went all funny again, so i decided to sit down and talk with her and surprise her at her house, instead i walked into her fucking one of her "friends" i just 180'd out the room didn't say anything,

We we're going out for a total of 3 and a half years until i caught her rooting that person i was suspicious of it drove me into depression and severe anxiety, worst thing is she's still with the bloke who i caught her rooting,

best thing i relate to, is that i'm a young body builder and the last time i saw her in public she nodded her head down and was envying me, honestly i couldn't give a fuck about her anymore, thanks for bringing this thread up, kinda needed someone to shit on about to, thanks anon.
>>
about 1.5yrs ago I broke up with my first love. We were together for almost 2 yrs. We had very beautiful times together, he is such a good person, kind-hearted and super thoughtful.

However, after about a year something changed in him. He stopped doing the things he liked, he stopped hanging out with his friends. He said he didn't care much about the ideals he had then. He was constantly tired and he always skipped uni.

I tried to break him out of this, whatever it was. But he would never talk to me about it, he always shut me out or he got mad at me for worrying about it.

He based every decision on what I did. We came to a point in our lives where we had to make very important decisions and he was going to base every choice on what I would choose.

I felt really alone and disconnected from him even though I still loved him so much.

Eventually I broke up with him because I couldn't stand watching him like this. A lot of other people blamed me for him being like that. It was never my intention and I never deliberately held him from things. I wanted him to be happy and chase his dreams.

The break up hurt so freaking much, mostly because I still loved him so much and I hated hurting him. But I knew that eventually it would be better for him.

Now after 1.5 years, I still love him. He is doing well now, he has made new friends and he is chasing his dreams, he has his hobbies again. I am happy for him but it also hurts to see that I was right and it was my fault for him turning like that.
>>
If you feel pathetic I posted on 4chan regarding about ldr and I should have listened and the replyer guy if you can read this I am blaming myself for not listening to you as I believed because it could work as some people I knew had successful one. I was being used by this guy whole time for entertainment. Used the word Love for attention.

Am going through very shitty week now but trying to thank that I dodged a bullet.

Have no feelings for the person anymore either.
>>
I have a couple good break up stories. Most recently:

>come back home summer break from college before senior year (this is like 2 years ago)
>have heavy fling with girl I knew from HS
>shes going to school in NY, I go to school in LA
>one night she starts crying. "Anon, this isnt just a summer fling, right?"
>motherfucker.exe
>I feel like a bad human being, so we decide to do long distance
>long distance worked, now I have a diploma and we live together in Manhattan

>months go by
>shits getting ridiculous
>she accuses me of being messy, despite literally 99% of the objects and mess in the apt is hers
>she literally got paint all over a hardwood floor doing some "fashion design" bullshit, and other crap like that
>her best friend got cheated on and is now single. Constantly talking about how men are evil and how great being single is
>our relationship immediately starts to errode. She starts yelling at me all the time (I am very meek, wont yell back at anyone, let alone my gf cause its dumb)
>basically makes my life in the apt unbearable
>constantly moves my shit, complains about shit, asks me to go in the other room while shes working
>eventually I say I think our relationship is over and Im moving out
>she agrees
>now her friend lives with her for free because her parents pay for the apt now

So basically, dont ever keep dating a girl just because you feel bad for her. You will end up catching some actual feels, and when you break up, itll fuck with you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.