[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ex-girlfriend dumped me about a month and a half ago and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1466117556183.jpg (212 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
1466117556183.jpg
212 KB, 1280x722
My ex-girlfriend dumped me about a month and a half ago and I think about it all the time. The reason why is I don't understand why it even happened and the way it happened doesn't really help answering the question.

I really want to text her and ask why, even though it might hurt me I just really feel like I need to know to move on.

Should I do it or not?
>>
>>17279282
If you think she'll respond in a constructive way, go for it. If you feel she'll just give you some bullshit excuse and beat around the bush, don't bother. Looking back's never the best way to move forward though
>>
>>17279282

It will hurt you. She will either bring up your actual inadequacies or shortcomings, or she will name things about yourself that are perfectly fine that SHE had a problem with and likely force you into a period of self-loating based on this OP. You don't need to know. If you focus on being the best man you can be, it won't fucking matter at all. Don't let her call shots on how you act or grow.

Burn it down and walk away.
>>
>>17279286
I want to do that but it just keeps popping into my head, like the shit she said to me, and where I went wrong, stuff like that.

If this won't help, what do I do so I can move on? This is not rhetorical, I could really use some suggestions.
>>
>>17279293
You move on by accepting that ONE person, and perhaps not the first, chose not to continue a relationship with you. You say "I wasn't for her, so she wasn't for me". Then you focus on improving yourself to be the best person you can be and enjoying life so that you don't miss out on the person you're SUPPOSED to be with because you're a self-loathing sack of shit.
>>
>>17279302
I already know that, like I have no interest in getting back with her and the reason I can't stop thinking about it isn't her, but the situation.

I honestly have no idea why I feel this way but it's driving me nuts.
>>
>>17279285

what this guy said is probably the best way to think about it before trying to text her and ask
>>
Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ds4pMCnbA
>>
>>17279412
I never thought of it that way. I actually feel a little better just from watching that
>>
>>17279282
I was thinking of just leaving this:
"Hi.

I wanted to thank you for the time we had together. It was a wonderful experience that I will remember as something to be proud of.

I wish you the best in all of your future challenges and goals. Thank you

With respect,

Anon"

Sound good? Should I add? I think this will help me while not having me get hurt
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.