[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462176522254.jpg (33 KB, 736x409) Image search: [Google]
1462176522254.jpg
33 KB, 736x409
Am i a psychopath for trying to be one in front of my therapists? I've got the 'symptoms' I lie to them. I care not to show emotion.
>>
Not a psychopath but kind of a retard. You are wasting their and your time. What the fuck is the point?
>>
>>17279223
i find it interesting. To watch them. I don't see anything wrong with me.
>>
>>17279213

you would make a great therapist.
>>
>>17279235
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>17279223
Stop watching movies pls
>>
>>17279226
It's not that it's wrong necessarily, it just completely defeats the purpose of going into therapy. I guess if you don't pay for it yourself it doesn't matter much but it seems like a useless investment to me. I don't see how you cannot experiment with how people respond to you in regular social contact for the experiences and if you want to gain knowledge in this day and age you could spend the same time online watching lectures from some of the best professors in the world or the finest documentaries, anything.

>>17279245
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: BASTARD2.png (335 KB, 550x385) Image search: [Google]
BASTARD2.png
335 KB, 550x385
>>17279243

therapists are often deeply troubled and disturbed, and have to maintain the pretence of tranquility in order to deal with patients in a professional manner that is deemed of benefit to the patient. This is not actually helpful at all and the therapists often find themselves falling into the very same mind games that the "psychopath" or "sociopath" or "narcissist," or whatever term is applied based on severity uses.

My brother used to work in a mental hospital and he often said that the therapists themselves would end up with deep psychological problems simply from trying to find a way to deal with the delusional mindset.

It's not an institution of doctors and patients, it's simply an institution.

I've watched many documentaries on psychopathy, and in each one I could see traits of psychopathy in the doctors who were claiming to find new revolutionary ways to treat and possibly (nope) cure the condition.

It's a sad state of affairs that is best avoided at all costs. It's a self-perpetuating lie, live simply and disregard it, disregard all destructive desires, enjoy the way a tree looks in the sunlight, enjoy the happiness and peace of your loved ones, don't fall into the hellish prison, I've been there, I had to be there in order for my mind to explode to its' full potential.
>>
>>17279245

movies are an art form, what do you have against that?
>>
>>17279266
It's just that a friend of mine became obsessed with some shit in a movie and started acting weird for a few weeks.
>>
>>17279284

John Hinckley was already mentally unstable, stop blaming it on Taxi Driver, it's a great film.

And shooting Ronald Reagan is beyond "acting weird."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.