[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I really struggle with conversation. I rarely know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ai-shinozaki-again-1.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ai-shinozaki-again-1.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
Guys, I really struggle with conversation. I rarely know how to start them and I quickly run out of things to talk about.

I have a really good friend who used to message first all the time and we did talk for hours regularly, but she was telling me that she was frustrated that no one seems to make the effort to message her first and she has said directly to me a few times to message her. So it's almost like when we aren't talking it's because she wants me to make the effort to contact her.

So I have tried, but the conversations don't last anything like as long as they used to and then we don't chat for ages. I don't know if she just isn't interested in chatting all that much anymore or if I'm just struggling to keep it going. I always felt like our exchanges were 50/50 before but now it feels like it's somewhat being left up to me more and it's not working.

I need to do something before she thinks I just don't care/want to chat and I lose her as a friend.

This has been a problem all my life really, but it's only now that I have a friend I care about losing.

Thanks.
>>
iktf. I never know what to talk about with people.

I think if I was a better conversationalist I might actually have some friends.
>>
>>17277994
Just message her about those feelings.
>>
>>17278003
This would fix his problem with her, not my problem.
>>
>>17277994
>This has been a problem all my life really,
Then stop having internet friends and start doing what everyone else does. Get real friends.
>>
>>17278028
That's what she is asking you moron. How does she learn to have better conversations? How does she learn to think of things to talk about with people that gets them engaged?

Obviously practice is key, but, she seems to be looking for some techniques or resources to get her started for when she goes to try to find real friends.
>>
>>17278028
>just b urself
>>
>>17277994
Same desu desu
>>
File: 1466332475819.jpg (100 KB, 768x891) Image search: [Google]
1466332475819.jpg
100 KB, 768x891
bump
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.