[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I shallow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: u9JKIaB.gif (88 KB, 457x402) Image search: [Google]
u9JKIaB.gif
88 KB, 457x402
I'd like to think I'm half decent at this whole "relationship" thing
>Be in LDR
>Will move to him soon
>I still make rookie mistakes and hurt his feelings a bit more often than is normal
>Completely by accident
>I also buy him shit whenever I can
>Partly because I like to spoil him and partly because I don't think my love from afar is enough so I think material things will help show that I love him
>I'm thinking of buying him a 3DS
>I'm like an upgraded sugar mama

I do give him love and attention, and I try to show genuine appreciation whenever I can, but does it make me shallow if I just buy him shit all the time?
>>
What a beta let's his gf buy him shit all the time?
>>
Not at all OP. There's nothing wrong with spoiling your loved ones, especially when you're at a distance.
>>
>>17277675
He buys me stuff sometimes, he's just poor and can rarely afford anything.
>>
>>17277670
You'd probably be interested in reading about the "5 love languages". It basically says people have a preference of receiving love in a certain way(s), and so we tend to assume others would like to receive love in that same way as well (which isn't always the case).

For example, I really need to hear/read in words about how a person loves me to really feel loved. So I tend to do that for my boyfriend. However, he is the kind of person who feels loved most through quality time, so now that I know that, I make sure to always take the opportunity and make room to spend time with him, even if it's just relaxing.

So the bottom line is simply talk to him about this. Maybe even take some love language test online for fun and make the discussion easier.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.