[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone in here a police officer? If so, how long did your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 600x400
Is anyone in here a police officer? If so, how long did your backgrounds take? I'm 4 months in and still haven't heard anything back. Actually have a clean background hair wishing this process would go faster.
>>
Why would anyone want to be a cop?
Also, being in the military/former military community, a LOT of people I know tried to be cops. It's a hard road (Maybe harder for former military if I believe some rumors), did you take a lie detector test.
Do you have some former neighbors who may have seen you do shady teenage shit back in the day?
>>
>>17277320
I'm actually military haha. I'm a Marine Reservist, no suprisingly for a guy in California I have a very clean background. I passed my polygraph, my written test, my physical test, and my in person interview. I feel like it's a job I'd enjoy.
>>
>>17277320
I'm literally just sitting I limbo waiting for a phone call (hopefully soon) saying I got the job. Problem is I can't apply to any other departments or I'll get dropped instantly and in California it's a very lengthy process so I don't want to get disqualified for applying somewhere else
>>
Be prepared to be that guy that no one can relax and have fun around. Dunno why anyone would want to be a cop unless they have something seriously wrong with them.

Cops are only good for being abusive assholes. They don't care about me, they have no empathy. And I seriously feel more on edge and scared around them, rather than safe

And on the off chance that your actually care, and not be an abusive fuckwit, then sorry but your colleagues ruined it for you
>>
>>17277374
Addition:

I've only had a run in with a cop once in my life (it had to do with a minor car accident) so my opinion is mostly formed from hearing about cops on the news and Internet and media
>>
>>17277374
That's fine, people are definitely entitled to their opinions, being 24 with only 3 years military experience I want to eventually use my
Law enforcement and military background to help me get into a full fledged career with the DEA. I want to take down drug rings and cartels. I could care less about home boys on the block. I want to hunt down King pins and drug dealers
>>
>>17277385
Oh in that case. Good luck. It takes a lot of balls of confront THOSE people. We need more cops like you. Unfortunately I'm not sure if we'll ever eradicate the problem totally: there will always be drugs. There will always be money. There will always be people just being born into the lifestyle

Have you thought about if you get killed?
>>
>>17277458
Joined the Marines bro. Not really worried about death. No kids and no GF. Too be honest it's not about eradicating it's about being another man on the front line ever balancing law and disorder. Tim and Yang is the best representation of law enforcement vs organized crime.
>>
>>17277385

Just remember and understand the potential ramifications of what you're getting yourself in to. It takes a lot of training and effort to get onto a taskforce like the DEA; but it also takes a lot of sacrifice. You will paint a target on your back, you will be risking your life and your families' lives.

Good luck.
>>
>>17277458
To add to that meant to write Yin and Yang. I hate autocorrect.
>>
>>17277374
Hey spotted the addict
>>
>>17277374
Negro spotted
>>
>>17277291
Most people don't need to use drugs to have fun. It is no trouble to be friends with a cop.
>>
>>17277578
Yeah, but some of us want to set off illegal fireworks on the 4th of July.
I'm sorry, I thought this was America.
>>
>>17277585
You're making my point for me. Just because you are a criminal doesn't mean the cops are the problem. The vast majority of white people do not have this problem.
>>
>>17277589
>white people DONT commit crimes.
Alright I don't want to turn this into a clusterfuck, but my statement was facetious, and I am white. White people commit plenty of fucking crimes, they just don't get nailed for them as often. This is common knowledge. Pretty sure if I lived next door to a cop and set off illegal fireworks they wouldn't care, unless I was black I gues.
I wasn't originally trying to make this point, but it's the institution that is poisoned, the system. Cops are just like regular people, 8/10 regular people are assholes, or morons, so cops are same.
The main problem with cops, is that the good ones stick up for the shit ones.
So many cops walk around like you're supposed to jump when they say go, and then lose their shit when someone doesn't treat them like gods. I think the problem that we are having nowadays, is just that everyone has cell phone cameras now, so the abuses of power don't go unnoticed anymore.
I don't fault. oP for having a dream though,I' m just too jaded to find it an altruistic one.
>>
File: 1376362571983.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1376362571983.gif
495 KB, 500x375
>>17277599
>they just don't get nailed for them as often
No, that's wrong. The mean IQ of a black American is 85. There is a sweetspot around 80-85 for IQ which causes a huge increase in violent crimes and negligent criminal behavior. This is not debatable.
>>
>>17277599
>White people commit plenty of fucking crimes, they just don't get nailed for them as often.
Wrong. Blacks commit disproportionately more crime than whites do, AND you have today's PC culture thgat makes a much bigger deal out of anything bad happening to a common dindu than a cracker. That's why you see more black people getting nailed by the cops.
>>
>>17277607
That just changes the types of crimes people commit. And that's not really what I'm talking about anyway. Cops harass and talk down to people every day and then are appalled when they don't get respect, and the most common rebuttal to this is always
>just shut up and do what your told. Show your ID, even if you're not legally required to. Go back in your house, or leave a public area because a cop tells you to. Stop filming because a cop says so. If you're not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about
But the when you want to give them lapel cameras it somehow detracts from them doing their jobs.
I'm not saying it's the same everywhere, but the mistrust of cops didn't come out of a vacuum. I just think most of them are too disconnected fom the communities they're actually policing.
>>
>>17277633
Cops are polite when you are polite.

>That just changes the types of crimes people commit.
No. You are just dead wrong about this.
>>
>>17277638
In my experience, yeah. But being polite isn't a law. Cops are supposed to be held to a higher standard. Just because someone is rude or uncooperative doesn't mean they should be tamed or detained. White peoples commit white collar crimes, and abuse prescription drugs, and few give a shit. I live right next to a very expensive area, average tiny starter house 600k minimum, and of course, my city which ranges from 800k giant Victorian historic homes, to ghetto as fuck areas with tons of apartments. How come there aren't ever any DUI checkpoints in the ritzy part of town? You think no one is hitting up downtown in their Mercedes' nice and toasted?
i think in some places it really is an institutionalized sympathy to racists (some of those who were enforcers, are the same who burnt crosses) and in the rest of the country it's just a cash grab, and a knowledge that it's easier to bust minorities for petty offenses, than to bust the upper crust of society for more white collar crimes because they have the money for lawyers.
>>
>>17277381
That sounds wise. You can trust all of those sources implicitly. None of them would ever present an inaccurate portrayal to be sensationalistic.
>>
>>17277795
>being polite isn't a law
You must be a real treat.
>>
>>17277795
>it's easier to bust minorities for petty offenses
No. Enforcement of petty offenses is ramped up in areas with high crime rates. These are usually black areas because they have fuckhuge crime rates. The purpose of picking people up for petty offenses is to check them for active warrants for more serious crimes.

The reason the ritzy part of town doesn't have checkpoints is because nobody would have warrants out on them. Contrarily, there are so many crimes in the black area that checking everyone consistently turns out results. This is not racism unless you consider crime rates to be racism.
>>
I love baiting cops to the point where they chase me. It's childish, I know but good parkour practice.
>>
>>17277801
But that's counter to the entire point of the American justice system, and the idea of innocent until proven guilty, and then proven my point. Someone Jaywalking in a shitty part of town is going to get a lot more shit than someone Jaywalking through Beverly Hills because of statistics and revenue. What makes statistical and fiscal sense is counter to the presumption of innocence, and is just a microcosm for the entire system
>>
>>17277833
>justice system
>cops
Do you even think about what you post before you post it?
>>
>>17277833
You're naive and stupid. At this point you're outright lying to explain how your fucked up, childish worldview.

>Someone Jaywalking in a shitty part of town is going to get a lot more shit
Because that person is far more likely to have a warrant for their arrest.

>counter to the presumption of innocence
They are literally stopping you for a law you broke. You are not even prosecuted for it, the justice system does not get involved. They have every right to do it, and if you happen to have a warrant you WILL be prosecuted now that they have found you.

There's nothing unfair about it. White neighborhoods don't have lower reporting rates, they have vastly lower actual crime rates. They aren't just let go for crimes, they literally do not commit them in the first place. They aren't just let off the hook for petty crimes, those would never go to court in the first place.
>>
>>17277852
I really find it hard to believe that you know a glorious majority of white folks who commit no crimes. All levels of society are rife with corruptioN.
>>
>>17277862
Keep repeating that. Maybe one day it'll be true.
>>
>>17277866
Google three felonies a day.
>>
>>17277873
>commiting crimes so obscure that you don't even know they're crimes means you're corrupt
What?
>>
File: 1378989066024.png (48 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1378989066024.png
48 KB, 429x410
>>17277862
It's clear to me that you don't get this: the higher crime rate isn't just numbers.

Black communities are extremely poor, but there is a constant wave of crime to ensure that no one gets ahead. Murder is ubiquitous, as are littering and vandalism. Basic rules of the road and basic courtesies are universally ignored. Rapes are a regular event and child abuse is the norm. Drug abuse is considered a good thing. Public drunkenness, urination, and fist fighting are not even recognized as a problem. Anyone worth shit is robbed, often by friends and family. Businesses are constantly robbed and destroyed. The family unit does not even exist anymore.

These are places where civilization goes to die. When you claim the law isn't fair, you're spitting in the faces of all of the women raped, men killed for little reason, children raped and abused, and livelihoods ruined. You're whining about the treatment received by perpetrators but you're ignoring the victims. These communities are hell on Earth, they are identical to their counterparts in Africa.

These people are arrested because they commit real crimes with real victims, constantly. You can't just cover your eyes and claim it's not happening. Reducing enforcement isn't going to save anyone, it's dooming thousands, maybe millions of victims to being ignored by the police and the media. The media barely reports on black crime as it is. This does not benefit them, it makes them feel invincible. It makes it worse.

You are the problem, not the police.
>>
>>17277476
You aren't me.
>>
>>17277805
I see summer is here
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.