[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is normal or am i different?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1461113550815.jpg (54 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1461113550815.jpg
54 KB, 540x960
Im a cinema student, i want to be a writter and film director, i trust in me because is really easy for me to create stories and now im learning the discipline that it requires, the thing is that just in the last month i have created at least 71 functional ideas for short, longs films and books and all my stories are (for me) fantastic ideas , im not a normie i read all the time from Murakami to Borges, i know a lot about cinema not just Kubrick and Kurosawa(im not trying to show off i just want to explain i know about this subjects)

Summing, it is normal for any newie to have brainstorms and ideas just that easy or is really something special? I dont consider myself special, at all, i believe im average besides any normal storyteller but i wanted to know
>>
>>17277008
>at least 71 functional ideas
I bet you, at least three quarters of those ideas are unusable
>>
90% of your ideas are crap. But you have a lot of them, so you'll be able to excel in that field.
>>
I just had an idea. An animated stapler and an animated apple have an adventure to see the world. I'll sell it to Pixar.

Having an idea doesn't make it good, so bragging that you've created 71 "functional" ideas doesn't make you some kind of savant.
>>
>>17277015
Nos at all, im really neurotic, there used to be more but i cutted up, some of then are just "in case" you know if they ask me to write a scrypt about this subject but i may no use it
>>
>>17277019
I dig your point and that's what i think too but my "ideas" are not spontaneous, they all have details, problems, endings, if a man come to you asking for a serious plot i dont think you would show them something like that
>>
File: 647955.jpg (72 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
647955.jpg
72 KB, 400x614
>>17277062
Keep at it, success will come.
>>
>>17277040
>>17277062
You're delusional
>>
>>17277008
You are supposed to be brimming with ideas.
>>
>>17277093
If OP is really in cinema school, then s/he may be legit.

OP, are you going to USC?
>>
>>17277100
Im a student yeah, first year(i have previously taked tutorial clasess with a director) i dont know what is USC, apology for poor english i am Russia, etc

Btw, i know my question is dull, i just wanted to see others young writter students references about how they get their ideas and if they went through what im going rn ,it may be a phase because of my entusiasm
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.