[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being fearful of doing things I'm not comfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 6491903649353.png (180 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
6491903649353.png
180 KB, 500x375
How do I stop being fearful of doing things I'm not comfortable with?
>>
>>17276242
By doing them anyway. You've got it backwards, you don't stop being afraid and THEN do something. You do it even though you're afraid, and then you lose your fear.
>>
>>17276242
what kind of things? explain yourself
>>
Habit and exposure, it sucks but it is the only way.
>>
>>17276242
You start dking them even though you are scared. There is no way to get over fearfulness, except by facing the fear head-on.

That doesn't mean you have to be stupid about it. No one ever cured arachnophobia by sticking his hand in a bucket of spiders. But if you wait to not be afraid before you try, you will never try.
>>
Get high and watch a lot of horror movies and become so used to fear that sober fear doesn't even compare anymore
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.