[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about becoming a truck driver. Any truckers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 2149 - Awesome truck.jpg (78 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
2149 - Awesome truck.jpg
78 KB, 600x450
I'm thinking about becoming a truck driver.
Any truckers out there?

Wait, let me guess:
>Pay $ for CDL, but no one wants inexperienced driver
>Get job, but have to drive ridiculous hours to make decent pay
>Sit all day = hemmorhoids

OK, got my cynicism out, now what's it really like?
>>
>>17275929
I hear their asses get numb and they do a lot of drugs to stay awake.

Also, hookers.
>>
>>17275937
I hear they're called Lot Lizards.
The hookers, that is.
>>
Also, if a woman drove a truck & she had kids, would she be a mother trucker?
>>
>>17275929
There's an almost-daily trucker thread on /o/.

>>>/o/15281166
>>
Hemorrhoids really suck man
I'm still trying to get over myself and get fingered by some old ass creepy doctor.
>>
>>17276004
Do you seriously think the doctor gives a shit about your asshole? Just imagine the kind of shit he has to have seen in his time.
>>
File: 1446550120366.jpg (169 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446550120366.jpg
169 KB, 1024x1024
>>17275929
You've pretty much got it except for never sleep. You don't make enough to stay in hotels nightly and trucks stops are loud as fuck. So you're always tired on a job where a moment's inattention could kill you and 4 or 5 carloads of families.

You can sleep in the truck, but you'd better hope whoever drove it last doesn't have lice or bedbugs or bad BO.

The stress to get there on time coupled with the apathy of receivers to your schedule is infuriating.

Also there's different laws regarding tractor trailers in different areas. Driving that flies in the Midwest may not be okay in the south. And you'd better hope whichever company pays for maintenance on your truck is serious about it, because the driver is ultimately liable.

I dunno man. It's not for everyone.
>>
My dad did it for 35 years. Only saw us on the weekend , worked ridiculous hours and was always tired and treated us like shit probably because of it. He smoked cigarettes constantly which I can understand staring at the road for 18 hours at a time. He was a rotten bastard but I still feel bad for him cause it was a rough life and was probably the root of most of it. This was before the strict driving tine limitations now in place. That has dampered the potential pay of the job also
>>
>>17276348
If you loved sticking your figure up men's buttholes wouldn't you get job as a butt doctor?
>>
>>17277508
> 35 years
Funny, my Dad was in the military for 35 years and while he's cynical as hell, he's cheerful about it. Your Dad sounds like he couldn't hack it.
>>
Go over to /o. they have a trucker thread going all the time.
>>
>>17276004
Future doctor here.
We don't want to see your asshole, dick, tits or whatever either.
>>
File: horrifying reality.gif (26 KB, 219x290) Image search: [Google]
horrifying reality.gif
26 KB, 219x290
I've heard the pay is about to plummet.

Thanks to NAFTA we have to let Mexican truckers in, the trade schools are pumping out fresh-faced newbies as fast as they can cash their tuition checks, and self-driving trucks a few years down the road are going to leave the market saturated.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.