[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 3666068-2909346264-jason.jpg (82 KB, 610x485) Image search: [Google]
3666068-2909346264-jason.jpg
82 KB, 610x485
I am about to be laid off because business is slow. I am debating on riding unemployment or finding a new job straight away. The job I have now is a decent job (better than most, the first time I made more than $9 an hour, because I am a useless piece of shit), but when I hired in, they told me they would put me on more things than just being general labor, but last week I was informed that the plan has changed, and I'll be general labor for good because I am too good at it and it wouldn't make sense to them to promote me or move me.

Which is the better idea? Should I stay or should I go if I am laid off?
>>
>>17275613
>last week I was informed that the plan has changed, and I'll be general labor for good because I am too good at it
>last week
So what makes you think you're going to be laid off?
>>
>>17275627 I was told today that in the next couple weeks I'll be laid off simply because of seniority.
>>
>>17275631
Depending on the law where you live, that's not an okay criteria for laying people off.
>>
>>17275655
every job I've had, they've done seniority based layoffs after getting rid of temps and bad employees.
>>
>>17275663
Like I said, it depends on the law where you live.
>>
>>17275613
>was hired for more than general labor
>get told so good at job they want to keep me in general labor position
>general labor area is laying off and now getting laid off due to this
>should I stay?
>should I go with I am laid off?

Wait, do you actually have a choice in this?

Sounds like a good reason for you to push for that movement to the other spot. Especially if you signed a contract advising that you were to have different responsibilities.
>>
>>17275799
There was no contract. I got hired in, they asked if I was good with a computer, I said yes. They asked if I knew excel, and I said yes. They asked if I have done inventory, I said yes. Apparently they prefer me on the saw.
>>
OP here, got an email from my boss, the layoff is official. I am laid off till further notice.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.