[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>24 >autistic NEET, no friends >living with parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1437927203618.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1437927203618.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
>24
>autistic NEET, no friends
>living with parents
>parents think I am doing good at college
>dropped out and pretended to go to class
>decide I should move out of my parent's house in 2 months
>don't know how to tell them so they wouldn't get upset
>also, freaking out because I've never been independent

What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
Do you have a job?
>>
Continue living with your parents, reapply to college and don't fucking drop out this time. You already fucked up, pretending you haven't is just going to make it worse.
>>
>>17275581
Not yet
>>
>>17275570
They're gonna get upset because they're gonna find out without you telling them right when it happened.
>>
>>17275584
I can't reapply to college. This would be the second time I dropped out and my parents won't accept it. They'd make me get a job anyways, which is what I want to do but I can't stay home. I can't look them in the eyes anymore, especially that I still haven't broke the news about college yet. So I need to move out and get a job. I just don't know how to handle the situation so they don't make a huge fuss about it.
>>
>>17275588
Will you have a job before you move out? Where will you live? How much are you prepared to spend on rent? Will you live alone or with a roommate?
>>
>>17275592
No they aren't. I'm telling them in about 2 or 3 months.
>>
>>17275622
>I just don't know how to handle the situation so they don't make a huge fuss about it.
They SHOULD make a big fuss about it. How could they not? Finding out that their kid is a dropout and a liar will be devastating to them.
>>
>>17275624
I will figure out the nuts and bolts. But my parents don't trust me with moving out on my own. They are emotionally fragile and unpredictable and they could freak the fuck out. I want to minimize or prevent their distress upon announcing my intentions.
>>
>>17275643
I''ll them I'm getting a year off so they don't think I dropped out. It's too late to turn back the autism clock, I will hopefully make amends later.
>>
>>17275678
You're only making it worse. For you and them.
>>
>>17275685
No, telling the truth would make it all worse.
>>
You can't move out until you have a steady income. You need to get a job, work past the probation period, and when you're sure you won't get fired, move out.
>>
>>17275707
I'm getting a job soon. That's not the problem. It's how to deal with my parents because I don't want them to freak out over my leaving the nest.
>>
>>17275570
1. Get balls
2. Accept low wage shit
3. Move out
4. Regret you didnt put in the efforts in college for your next 5 years at least
>>
>>17275721
How 2 get balls?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.