[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with having your heart broken. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1460894366690.jpg (26 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
1460894366690.jpg
26 KB, 600x407
How do you deal with having your heart broken. I've been depressed for years and this is by far the worst fucking thing I have ever felt.
>>
>>17275470
You stop acting like this experience is unique to you, find another person, and put your wiener in them.
>>
Sounds like you need closure. What about the scenario is still eating away at you?
>>
>>17275470
That feel, I know it.
Were you also the one that fucked up so you can't even be mad at anyone but urself?
>>
>>17275479

mostly this. we love hard and deep at first and each time it gets a little eaiser to be honest. like time, its all relative. the more you had, the less intense it is.

if its the worst thing you've ever felt, consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>17275485
>>17275489
I met her the day after I fucked up hanging myself. We instantly started talking about music and all the shit we liked, and then we had to go our separate ways. The next day she saw me and approached me, and we started talking again. This went on for a few weeks, just us talking about everything we liked and hanging out. Then we hung out one day in which was pretty much the best day of my life. She told me everything she was going through and then started hugging me and she was crying. I told her how I felt and she said she liked me too. We continued talking and hanging out for the next few weeks and she was totally going along with it. Last night she mentions she has a boyfriend. She fucking went on to tell me how shes been with him this whole time, and despite how much shes into me she can't leave him. She go's on to tell me how she finds me handsome, funny, smart, and likes that we are into all the same stuff, which just fucking kills me more. I had to act not crushed as I finished up the phone call trying to make sense of everything. As soon as we got off I started crying for the next four hours. I feel like my souls been fucking torn to shreds.

But you know what, even if she led me on, made me think we had something, and then pulled this, I can really only blame myself. I fucking went through this last year thinking I was dead inside, I had nothing left to feel, and life would only hold disappointment for me. That completely changed after the ten minutes I met her. I finally had something that made me happy, and I thought it would work. I was so excited to start enjoying life again. That feels like its completely blown away. I just feel so empty again. I just feel like this has all been for nothing and I'm just ready to fall back into the dark place I was at the moment before I met her. I'm just so sick of being disappointed. I gave myself one last chance to be happy, and it ended up leaving me hurt worse.
>>
>>17275596
Can't rely on other people to make you not feel shitty. That's a recipe for disaster.
that being said, did you at least make out with her?
>>
>>17275596

>i just feel so empty again

you were always empty. you are choosing to let whether or not you have a current romance define your life. a girl does not make the rest of your life enjoyable. the problem with people like you is you get all sad, find a girl, act like shes the only thing that makes you happy, then approximately 3 months in, the honeymoon phase ends and you're just depressed again.

>i gave myself one last chance to be happy

again? you did that last year too, remember. you arent giving yourself chances, you are meeting people and having good chemistry. this is normal. do not act like this experience is unique to you and you are some tragic man who lost his chance at love at the ripe age of 24.

you want to enjoy life? enjoy LIFE, not a girl.

its okay to be sad when these things dont work out but acting like it was the climax to your story is rather retarded.

a girl cant fix you. otherwise you wouldnt be broken when she leaves.
>>
>>17275609
No. And like I said, that's why I can only blame myself. I knew how dangerous it was, but I figured it couldn't get worse so I just let it happen anyways.

How do I even go on from here.
>>
>>17275616

>how do i even go on from here?

jesus christ how old are you? who molested you as a kid? which part of your body is paralyzed? what type of brain damage do you suffer from? who died? are you beaming this post from some third country shithole? what life long illness do you have? are you posting from a mc donalds cuz you sleep out back and only get enough for a mcdouble and a coffee each day?
>>
>>17275625
Yeah. I know I sound like a fag. I just don't fucking have literally anything else in my life. I just don't see the next step.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 650x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 650x441
>>17275611
Not Op but damn.. That hit home.
Since you seem to be good at putting things in perspective. I wanna hijack this thread.
>meet girl who's 5 years older than me
>we have great chemistry.
>she's hot and uninhibited without being slutty and incredibly graceful
>we go on two dates and we get physically intimate
>i come off too strong and she Backs off
I know what an idiot I was for being so needy but I can't help acting super neurotic and needy with people I really admire. It's not about how beautiful they are since it's not a problem only with girls either.
It still hurts to think I ruined the chance of being the lover of this elven creature. How do I act cool with people I actually have feelings for? I'm still heart broken and rejected other hot girls who threw themselves at me. What is wrong with me?
>>
>>17275641

the next step is getting literally anything in your life.

to be honest you sound hella 15. like more so then the other depressed posters.

if i had to guess you define yourself by your sadness. you think it makes you special. without the depression you dont have anything unique. but if ur the one cursed soul in the world who no one can understand, then that makes you at least special to yourself.

consider changing. finding literally anything else in your life. cuz if i had to guess you got quite a few things you do or easily could have but prefer to whine
>>
>>17275651

im not sure what you mean by come off as too strong. if you went for sex too quick, then yeah, theres your answer, you gotta just restrain yourself. masturbating before you meet can help, but if ur like me or my friend you could jack off 12 times a day, then someone can rub your thigh and you could fuck em four times. so it comes down to restraint. which is hard, but worthwhile.

if its not that, i dont know what you mean so you'll have to be more detailed.

as for rejecting hot girls, thats fine too. it is a myth that you have to be dating. if you arent happy single, you arent going to be happy dating. you're just going to be busy. some anons come here and complain that girls dont ever have to be lonely cuz they can get a boyfriend in a day if they want, but they dont realize that its not about having options, its about having the one option you want.

it took four years for me to find the right girl to date. there was flings, and funs, and dates, and sex, and lots of intersecting with those three, but none were worth making some sort of commitment to. and thats great cuz i wouldnt have met my girl and that'd suck.

all i mean to say with this is you are not obligated to date someone just cuz they are interested, or even just cuz they are hot. sometimes its better to be single. sometimes its even more fun to be single. in your case you might just be healing.

good luck.
>>
You'l probably feel like shit for awhile but it'll pass. Try and talk some more with other girls
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 1280x1024
If your heart is broken so bad that you want to off yourself then take a break from life.
Felt like you and wanted to give up my life. So I did. I enlisted and let the DoD control my life for years.
And once you experience your first dirt farming sand nigger try to kill you you realize how great your life was and how that girl didn't matter.
Solved my problems and fixed me up good.
>>
File: 1465842190063.jpg (40 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1465842190063.jpg
40 KB, 660x495
>>17275674
well no, I was just acting like an idiot. Like being really impulsive and way too spontaneous after just spending a day together.
It wasn't even about sex, although I did want to sleep with her more than anything. We talked alot, and she blew me and I fingered her and it was all so nice but the thing is: it meant so much to me, since she had so many traits of this beautiful muse but it obviously meant so little to a well-adjusted, emotionally mature person like herself.
Anyway: what I'm asking advice for isn't how to sleep with hot girls, but how to actually be the cool and charming guy I know I'm able to be with people whom I don't care about. It's a real problem since I push away the people I want with my neediness and neurotic behaviour.
>>
>>17275705
>Get a guitar
>Go ham on that lady, learn to play actual music
>Overcome your fucking fears of interacting with people
>else you'll never be happy
>Form/join a band
>Get into the local scene
>brag to bitches about being in a band/meet bitches at the gigs you play
>experience the best thing in your youth
>reminisce in your golden days when you are a 30 year old washed-up musician
>get a dead-end job
>die sad, but maybe with someone by your side

this was my plan at least. So far worked out pretty good. Only about half-way through though.
>>
>>17275611
I'm not OP but I was almost in the same situation.

I always thought that getting someone would fix me. But you 're saying it won't...

Shit, now I don't know what to do
>>
>>17275982
Honesly man, study philosophy. The Epicureans and the Stoics are the best for this. No one will change you, your happiness can not be dependent on other people or things. If a girlfriend makes you happy, it's not that person, it's companionship that makes you happy.
You need to sort out what it means to be happy and how to be happy. That may take a while to get to. I've found friendship, living frugally, learning as much as possible, and improving one's character helps tremendously. It's not flashy or cool, but living simply, cultivating real friendships, and learning as much as possible while experiencing life really works wonders. You'll be dead soon enough, but life is long enough if you live it properly.

http://classics.mit.edu/Epicurus/menoec.html
http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.