[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/, I'm in a stupid situation. I think I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1447704025607-1108280938.jpg (307 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1447704025607-1108280938.jpg
307 KB, 800x600
Alright /adv/, I'm in a stupid situation. I think I'm falling for my friends girl. They've been together for well over 4 years, probably, and I didn't meet them until about a year ago. Along with them and one or two other people we would hang out a lot, but he started doing other shit without her so it slowly dwindled down to just me and her. He usually chooses to leave her out of things for one reason or another. Since then, me and her have gotten real close, she likes all the same music I do, we play the same games, we have the same humor, she's into all the same stuff I'm into, and we both cheer each other up whenever the other is feeling down. She always asks me to hang out and all that shit and usually goes to me first with things. Like, if there ever was someone I know I want to be with, it's her. Most of the days it's just me and her hanging out while he's busy off with other people now. What can I do about this? I don't want to say anything on the chance she doesn't feel the same connection I do and have word get back to her boyfriend. I keep telling myself it'll never amount to anything, but I think I got bit pretty hard, she's always on my mind now, and she's always looking out for me too. Is it best I just try to swallow what I'm feeling?
>>
File: Kwy1PLA.jpg (60 KB, 480x634) Image search: [Google]
Kwy1PLA.jpg
60 KB, 480x634
Bumping my own thread to hopefully get some help from you guys.
>>
>>17275060
At some point one of you is going to have to discuss this relationship with the other, or neither will know where you stand. If she's not happy in her relationship, she should deal with that and make a decision, but having it both ways is a recipe for ruin...
>>
>>17275060
you either spill your spaghetti or distance yourself. Or you can do both. something along the lines of "I'm starting to develop feelings for you, but I dont want this to affect our friendship with your anon and I..." sort of thing.

Truth be told I would tell her how I felt and that I needed to get it out before you hang out anymore. But then again, I'm a shoot from the hip type of guy
>>
>>17275060

You are already in a relationship with her, just an emotional one. She won't leave her boyfriend for you and even if she would you wouldn't want her to. I suggest you back off subtly and make an effort to engage your time in other ways. One thing that worked for me in this situation (girl with long distance boyfriend) was to have a summer fling. It put the whole thing back in perspective.
>>
You don't have to do anything. Just enjoy her company, be close friends and if anything happens it will happen naturally.
>>
I've been doing mostly what >>17275255 said, but given that's the only reply of its kind I might be doing it wrong.

I would tell her how I feel, but last thing I wanna do is put her in a tough spot, especially since she's been with her bf for a long time. He's not a bad guy, I don't want word going back to him and me and him having to deal with it.

>>17275253 sounds kind of accurate to me, I guess. We're emotionally invested in each other it feels. I think we're both just afraid to shoot first, in fear of everyone and everything having an impact because of what one or the other feels or doesn't feel.
>>
>>17275060
You're playing a dangerous game, OP.
>>
>>17275304
Trust me, Anon. This wasn't my plan or intent or anything. It just kinda happened.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.