[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend of mine is hearing voices in her head. She's getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
A friend of mine is hearing voices in her head. She's getting medication. She's getting time to clear her mind. She's doing her best to cope.

I, unfortuantely, don't live near her. I can be a comforting voice on the phone, but that's all. I want to start sending her some small things in the post.

What would be a good thing to comfort you? I was thinking heart-felt items, such as origami, letters, small keepsakes, etc. Any ideas?
>>
>>17274953
Those sound like good ideas! A book of positive sayings, a photo of yourself that she can look at and keep, and your remaining in touch can all be helpful for her! If you hear of anything that interests her--like, say, flowers--a small gift of a living plant that she can watch flourish can also cheer her up! GL!!
>>
>>17274964
thank you. I don't want it to come across as super soppy, or anything. But something small and physical she can hold does sound great.

I'm already helping her have something to focus on, by giving her some stuff that she can use to learn a language that she's said she's interested in.

But I was thinking something stupid, As an example, an origami lion to "scare the voices away"

But I don't know if that would come off as insensitive that it's not that easy
>>
>>17274969
Giving her an Origami Lion can be a nice gesture--let HER decide that it's to "scare the voices away." Consider giving it as, "For strength and courage (...when things get rough)" or "Something to watch over you..." With gifts, watch her reactions carefully...don't give too many too soon or too close together, but when it's appropriate and when she seems receptive. Again, GL out there!!
>>
>>17274953
Sounds like she just wants attention.
>>
>>17275249
Well I figure a monthly letter/post?

But I don't really know how often I will get to see her in person. I hope often, but I am really unsure what will happen.
>>
>>17275270
One day at a time...talk to her...send her a little something for encouragement...see how she responds to it...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.