[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be fired next month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1441138397795.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1441138397795.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
My seniors have been avoiding me for the past two weeks at work and I couldn't understand why. Several won't even say hello back to me while in passing. And earlier today I found out why.

One of our bosses took me aside and told me that she knew I was buying a house and that's the only reason why she was going to break policy...and if anyone were to find out I was told, she'd deny it and try to move it up... and said that next month I am going to be fired.

I am buying a house.

Closing on July 25th and I've already finalized all of the paperwork and paid 3k for the inspection, earnest money, and appraisal.

I have no idea where to begin with what to do. If I continue with the home purchase, I won't have a fucking job. If I don't continue, I lose the money I've invested, will have to pay a civil penalty and I won't have a place to live since I've given notice to leave by August 1st.

House aside, what the fuck do I even do about being fired to begin with? I've never been fired before. I've held a steady job for the past ten years. Never been in an exit interview? Are there things I need to ask? Are there things I shouldn't sign?

What can I do in the mean time? I've been sweating just thinking about this situation for the past four hours and I still don't have a plan of attack.
>>
Why do you need to get fired because of a house? This sounds unethical as shit
>>
well, you can't afford a house, so don't buy one.
do you have a union? are you being fired or are you being laid off?
>>
>>17273391
No, I guess I phrased that strangely.

I am going to be fired.
A supervisor broke policy to tell me this because she knows I am about to purchase a house.
>>
>>17273392
Fired. We're hiring. No reason to lay off.
Not a part of a union.
You think it's best I just sink the 3grand and pay the penalty?
>>
Have you done anything to warrant disciplinary action, or placed yourself in a position where you're prone to termination?

Answer honestly, no matter how small the answer may be.
>>
can you just be fired? depends on your local (well, state, but) laws. have you been written up formally? what are you doing wrong.
start applying for jobs is the first thing you should do.
>>
>>17273411
My yearly evaluation is next month.

I was accused of being sexist a two months back, because I was told I ignore the opinions and feelings of female coworkers.

Three of my piers were insulting a typo I made in an email and stated that they had no fucking clue what I meant due to it. Guess they were all women too.

Said I'll make sure to run spell check next time and left the break room.

What I was told they said is that they were asking me what I meant in the email, but when I advised my superior that they called me a fucking idiot that couldn't pass high school English, they said it must had just been a miscommunication between us all.

>>17273412
I don't know local and state laws. But I did sign a paper saying the above incident happened.
>>
>>17273442
>accused of being a sexist

There's your answer.

Go to Unfair Workplace Practices or whatever alternative your country has.
>>
Well if you got in trouble once they probably can't legally fire you for that next month. They also probably can't fire you for being bad at your job or being a sexist if you haven't heard about it. Got a corporate handbook? Contract? If you have either it's your new best friend.
>>
Any ideas on how to proceed with the exit interview or if I should ditch the house in the end?

>>17273450
>>17273463

Will be reading on this for the next week.
>>
>>17273442
>Three of my piers were insulting a typo I made in an email and stated that they had no fucking clue what I meant due to it. Guess they were all women too.
You're getting fired because of a typo? I suggest you lawyer up because that shit sounds straight from Monty Python.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.