[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is love? How do i know if it's love i'm feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: Smile.png (583 KB, 685x896) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
583 KB, 685x896
What is love?
How do i know if it's love i'm feeling or something else?
Is there someone for me out there ?
>>
File: 1464748672215.jpg (536 KB, 879x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464748672215.jpg
536 KB, 879x1200
>>17272745
Hello anime girl i am here 4 u
>>
>>17272758
There is someone i like and they live on the other side of the country and next time i can se this person is in 2 months at a festival we are both going to (we have only met once one month ago) and i'm thinking of asking this person out there but i just found out there might already be a special some one in this persons life.
Do you have any advice for me ?
>>
>baby don't hurt me
Anyway no one knows what love really is and people will tell you something isn't love often but never what really IS love. A widely accepted but vague definition is that when you love something you feel like you want to take care of it regardless of what you get in return.
Love is a word people say too often and it's easier said than done. It's one of those things people think they know the answer but if they actually have to give you a definition they have to stop and think for a while.
It may be important to know that you can want something without loving it. Which is not wrong at all. And I think you can love AND want someone at the same time.
The question is often would you rather let your significant other be with someone that can take care of him/her better than you do? I think that replying No doesn't mean you don't love that person but many will disagree with me here I think.
A very wise friend of mine gave me this example: You see a flower, you really like that flower. If you want the flower you pick it up and take it home, but it will die soon. If you love the flower you will come see it every day wherever it is and make sure it gets sun and water so it can live alright.
>>
baby don't hurt me
>>
>>17272814
no more
>>
File: 1438537598382.jpg (106 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1438537598382.jpg
106 KB, 500x671
>>17272801
I know how the saying goes "if you love something set it free" but i can't shake the feeling i get when i see this person with someone else
I've had problems socializing before and only reasently have i started to get out in life (mostly do to work but still)
I'm afraid there is no special someone for me so i feel almost forced to go after the girls a like for fear of loneliness
>>
>>17272758
Thought you were gone m8.
Glad to see ny favourite /adv/ shitposter back in the fold!
>>
ahh , i feel you too.. your situation same with me
>>
File: not again.png (44 KB, 239x271) Image search: [Google]
not again.png
44 KB, 239x271
>>17272844
We can be alone together i guess
>>
>>17272745
love is bunch of chemicals messong up with your brain guiding towards reproduction, It's like a drug it eventually wears off: generally during midlife crisis
>>
File: 1458901375999.png (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458901375999.png
2 MB, 1080x1080
>>17272864
Thanks for the perspective
It's to keep in mind we are all human
>>
>>17272864
Not OP.
If it guides us to reproduction does that mean gay love doesn't exist? Or that since I don't ever want to have kids that I can't love? But I think I know what chemical you are refering to.
>>
>>17272824
Yah that saying is fucking stupid. I don't agree with it either lol. I wonder how many people actually "love" by that definition. Like people who can still be their best for someone who isn't with them. I guess it makes sense for parents with sons or daughters that hate them but not much for one adult who loves another adult romantically.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (161 KB, 900x1188) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
161 KB, 900x1188
>>17272884
But what if you love someone who is already in a relationship
You can't try to destroy what they have
And waiting for someones relationship to end is not healthy in my eyes
>>
File: perish like dog.png (203 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
perish like dog.png
203 KB, 500x694
>>17272864
>>
The best way I know how to describe it and the best way I've seen it described is that it's something you feel that cannot be described as anything but love.
Eventually you'll just spontaneously come to the conclusion that love is all what you are feeling could be, as nothing else can properly describe it.
>>
File: elf female.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1300) Image search: [Google]
elf female.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1300
Do i tell them i love them over facebook, or is that a shit move?
I don't know if i can wait another month.
>>
>What is love?
A pathway to feeling shittier than you could have possibly imagined you could feel.

And since this is an advice board, I'm going to give you some.

Don't ever fall in love
>>
File: snusmumriken.jpg (118 KB, 610x863) Image search: [Google]
snusmumriken.jpg
118 KB, 610x863
>>17274481
What motivates you to go on living
with that attitude ?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.