[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gap on resume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: whatdo.jpg (121 KB, 850x532) Image search: [Google]
whatdo.jpg
121 KB, 850x532
What's the best way to explain a gap on a resume/interview?

here's some backstory.
>graduated in 2014
>applied and rejected for most of 2014
>got a job early 2015
>basically stopped applying and worked as restaurant manager
>quit job 6 months later in 2015
>boss was screwing me out of money and slower business
>was working for less than minimum wage by the last weeks i quit
>began to apply once again
>still little to no interviews
>left job october 2015
>its now june 2016

So my work experience ends in 2015, and its 2016. That looks absolutely horrible to me honestly. Whats a good way to explain this gap?
>>
Make the duration on your last job longer and say it took you a while to get it. Unlikely they'll check the dates.
>>
>>17272647
i stretched in into january of 2016. guess that might work. i was just worried of how extensive these background checks are.
>>
>>17272644
Just say you tried to find work and can't get it because of bad market.

The gap just say times are bad and i hate taxes.
>>
>>17272647
>Unlikely they'll check the dates.
They will. Dates of employment are two of the few things that previous employers will date to tell prospective new employers in this day and age, to the point where they've become part of the standard script. Since thwynget the information anyway, it's too easy not to check. This may even go a long way toward explaining the lack of interviews you've been getting.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.