[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask the LawFag!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: lawfag2.jpg (5 KB, 150x239) Image search: [Google]
lawfag2.jpg
5 KB, 150x239
Happy father's day, /adv/. Any fathers out there have a question for me? If it's a specific legal question, include your country. I'm from Canada, do mostly family law.
>>
seeing as canadian farmers feed people to their pigs, and now that beastality and suicide are legal, what's the cost and fees associated with starting a pig brothel/health care clinic ?
>>
>>17272145
You'd have to come to my office for a full answer. Cost: one pig. Do you have any close family that would miss you?
>>
interesting recipe. do you drain the blood (jewish lawyer) and keep it on ice during that two weeks?
>>
Do Canadian lawyers make as much as American ones?

I work in medical and I've noticed a lot of Canadians coming over recently due to our higher pay. I'm not sure why suddenly now though
>>
>>17272160
Yes. All of us jewish lawyers eat pork every day.
>>
can the new suicide law force a doctor or pharmacist to administer a murder medicine ?

are pharmacists in CA required to fill abortion contraceptives etc ?
>>
>>17272177
I suspect that it depends on what area of law one works in. Personal injury awards and frivolous lawsuits are all in the news in the US, but competition is higher too. I do family law mostly, that's pretty stable and I earn a good enough buck.

I can't give you any insight. You'd have to ask these new lawyers in your area what brought them there. Maybe they just hate Trudeau.
>>
>>17272186
The new "suicide law" is still in the works, so there's no details. I'd be very surprised if the law forced a doctor or pharmacist to do anything.

I don't know if Canadian pharmacists have to fill abortion contraceptive prescriptions. I'm sure that if one's pharmacy belongs to a chain, then policy is that all prescriptions are filled. An independent can probably say "no".
>>
https://www. pharmacists .ca/cpha-ca/assets/File/cpha-on-the-issues/CanadianPharmacyServicesFramework.pdf

page 31 pharmacists can't refuse to fill for moral reasons.

tredeau just conscripted every healthcare worker in canada into murders.
>>
>>17272186
>>17272235
What no
There's no fucking way assisted death will be done via fucking prescription. There's absolutely no way that that's how it's going to work
>>
why not dog licking weed smoking pig weirdo. i bet those chinese death vans are ready to roll in vancouver.
>>
will my estate be charged an additional tax if i'm not an organ donor when i'm mandatorily faced with assisted suicide during retirement?
>>
>>17272235
Lots of medical service providers refuse to provide certain services. For example, one can't find a doctor in PEI who will do an abortion.

I've heard of many cases where a catholic pharmacist won't prescribe birth control or "morning after" pills.

I think it's going a little far to say that Trudeau just turned every healthcare provider into a state mandated murderer. But there's no law against you being an idiot either, so there's obviously a big difference between the way things are and the way they should be.
>>
>>17272261
I hope so. There's no reason to not be an organ donor.
>>
File: shekels.jpg (228 KB, 1143x1452) Image search: [Google]
shekels.jpg
228 KB, 1143x1452
Nice timing. Not a father and not from Canada, but very much in doubt about whether I should get into a career in law. Perhaps my country (Holland) has a lot of legal differences from yours, but hearing the maple's side can't hurt.

What's student life like on the way to the degree+job? Is it as elitist and snobby as most people say it is, more than any other college direction one can head into?

Do you run into morally questionable situations often? How often do you have to go against your moral instinct of what's the "right thing to do"? How do you cope with these situations, the decisions you have to make or the results that come from them?
>>
>>17272320
Being in law school is pretty much the same as being a student in any other challenging program. Grades are considered more important, and it's not all "rah rah muh alma mater".

Some people are elitist and snobby, no matter what they are studying. Law tends to attract rich, snobby, elitist people who come from rich families. They aren't all like that. Just a visible minority.

In family law I do encounter many moral difficulties. If I have a serious problem with a case, I drop the client. Otherwise I do my job, which is to be a lawyer and not a life coach. I've found that people rarely change, and only because they really want to. A court order can't change a person any more than Santa Clause can. I fight for my clients and what they tell me they want. If what they want is stupid or impossible then I tell them that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.