[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XTC/MDMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
How often can you use it, and how do you ignore the desire?
>>
Month break between MDMA use MINIMUM, I'd recommend at least 3. You're going to be flirting w/ a little condition known as serotonin syndrome otherwise. I wouldn't bomb over 100mg in one dose, plus make sure that shit is clean w/ a testing kit. Stay hydrated, but not too hydrated, etc.

How to ignore the desire? Have nights out without drugs (including drink), focus on your professional/personal/hobbies, see drug use as a treat as opposed to a need.

Check out the website Erowid in future/if you have more questions.
>>
>>17271574
you are a fucking retard
serotonin syndrom happens when too mach serotonin is released (e.g. when you combine mdma with a serotonine reuptake inhibitor). taking mdma too often depletes you serotonin reserves and causes depression.

you could at least read the fucking wikipedia page on the terms you use before your start spouting your bullshit
>>
>>17271601
s/mach/much/
dunno how that typo happened
>>
>>17271601
>getting this mad over anything ever
>>
Some dumbasses on here suggested serotonin syndrome when I wouldn't touch the stuff more than once a year and then stopped use altogether.

Moral of the story, /adv/ is mostly people's educated/uneducated guesses or straight up bullshit.

If your worried about the possible repercussions of using said drug or any drug for that matter then don't do it.

/thread
>>
>>17271441
holy bewbs
>>
>>17271755
For reals what's with that dude
>>
>>17271441
Three months is a nice aim. One month as an absolute minimum. If you are taking more than once every three months you are at risk for brain damage.
>>
File: 1446434642032.jpg (2 MB, 3132x5318) Image search: [Google]
1446434642032.jpg
2 MB, 3132x5318
I would never do it more than three times in a year, perfect is once a year though.

I do it in such a way because the effect diminishes greatly if used a lot - and if you love that bombed out feeling you get, its better to use it sparsly.

Come to think of it I apply the same principle to all drugs, even weed. Smoke it only 1-2 a month.
>>
File: 34125.jpg (146 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
34125.jpg
146 KB, 496x496
>>17271930
>he /threads his own thread
>>
>>17272073
post* shit
>>
DRUGGIE REPORTING IN

The 'ideal' time frame is 3 months. Use it more often than that and you're risking brain damage.

If you take supplements, like vitamin c, l-arginine, 5-htp and stuff, you could get away with doing it every 2 months.
>>
>>17272081
>DRUGGIE

Fucking amateur pussy. My buddies and I used to do it multiple times a week for months on end. I work on million dollar tools and I have friends that are pilots and vice principals... We're probably not as smart as we used to be but we're fine.
>>
>>17272087
> My buddies and I used to do it multiple times a week for months on end.

You and your boyfriends are retarded
>>
>>17272091
See >We're probably not as smart as we used to be but we're fine.

Fact is we're all pretty successful middle aged guys now though despite that. Have fun in your mom's basement.
>>
>>17272091
People who go their entire lives without using any drugs are retarded. If you can't loosen up and try anything with an open mind your life is pretty sad
>>
I've done it more than 10 times. It was great. What makes me not want to do it now is
a) how shitty it makes me feel for days, the chemical high come down
b)brain damage
c)dunno what its cut with
d)would rather buy weed
e)drug testing at work.
>>
meditation and an artistic appreciation for cooking meals and a pursuit of knowledge will always produce neurotransmitters we find to be pleasant, you peasant. now run along and eat peanut butter and take copious amounts of drugs, useful idiot.
>>
First of all, remember that when we talk about "ecstasy" or "molly", that's not 100% pure MDMA.
Nowhere fucking close, in most cases. You might be buying pills with ZERO MDMA in them.
So in all likelihood, you don't just have to worry about 1 neurotoxic substance, but many.
Most of them are in a few related classes though, so we can roughly predict how they'll fuck up your brain.
Biggest culprits are methamphetamine, mephedrone, and the miscellaneous cathinones.

>>17271441
>How often can you use it
Like all stimulants, you want to generally allow at least the length of the drug's half-life and at least 1 full night of recovery sleep between primary doses (this lets neurotransmitters recharge and receptors acutely resensitize).

If you don't do this and instead take another dose say, 7 hours after the first, you'll notice that you need more of the drug to achieve the same effect. This new dose quickly starts growing exponentially and eventually you'll either hit a dose that puts you in the ER/morgue or the point where the drug stops working completely (and you crash like you just got thrown down from Mount Olympus). This is a bad idea even with relatively safe drugs of this class, like amphetamine, and an even worse idea with MDMA.
Resist the urge to re-up.
Let your body rest and recover between doses.

As for long-term use, the damage caused by MDMA doesn't heal any better if used once a month versus 10 times a month, the important factor is just the cumulative acute exposure, ie if you take the same dose 5 times over the course of a month vs 5 times over the course of 3 months, you'll see roughly the same amount of damage a year later.
Only way to avoid damage entirely is not to take it. No safe entactogens have been discovered yet.

>how do you ignore the desire?
Same as most addictive drugs, MDMA isn't anything special in that department.

>>17271574
>Month break to avoid serotonin syndrome
i want to take a month break from this planet
>>
>>17272124
I only did it once, monday this week. Didn't feel any comedown aside from being tired because I barely slept and danced/walked a lot. My friends who used the same pills did feel empty etc.
>>
>>17272091
kek
>>
watch out if you're really drunk and/or mixed it with speed.
Two days ago I was shitfaced and popped a really strong pill, I ended up at a friends house thinking I was sleeping for two hours.
She told me afterwards that I was speaking with people that weren't there.
>>
>>17271441
Once a month if you're pre loading and post loading.

If you have a taste for it and can stop, then please fucking stop. I didn't, and it fucked up my life
>>
>>17272087
Agreed. The brain damage is real but I think most of these ginger patch kids overstate it
>>
File: 1465338268951.jpg (138 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465338268951.jpg
138 KB, 499x499
I-m doing it every 6 months or so
>tfw you'll never experience your first time on mdma again
feels fucking bad man
>>
>>17272238
This is a dangerous thought. It is not overstated. The threat is very real but manageable if you're not a complete moron. Once every 3 months is safest.
>>
>>17272174
What is the "damage" of MDMA use?
>>
>>17272311
You ever smoke DMT? That's a great experience.
>>
>>17272422
Neurotoxicity. Precise mechanisms are not entirely clear yet, but one is oxidative destruction of axons of serotonergic neurons (which like most neuron damage, doesn't heal properly).

Then of course there's the damage to dopaminergic neurons from various adulterants like methamphetamine (ie after enough of this you'll have parkinson's and shake like michael j fox).
>>
On the topic of XTC, can you fall in love when you use it together with another person?
>>
>>17272578
until the comedown: yes
>>
>>17272585
So it's probably not lasting?
>>
Do you guys think xtc is a 'hard' drug, meaning the effects are very strong, or are the effects a bit 'meh'?
>>
>>17272454
There's no clarity on that either, as there are pretty much no persons who only use xtc and no other drugs.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.