[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible broken/fractured ankle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
About a week ago I jumped off a rock onto some rough grass and hurt my ankle badly. I was up a mountain and managed to get back you the road. There was instant swelling and pain, and I went to the hospital the next day. They x-rayed it and told me (I think) that two bones in your ankle when you're a kid has cartilage between then and as you grow older its supposed to join together. Well they're no sure if it is just they didn't grow together yet or I pulled it apart with my fall. I was told to wear a boot for 10 days (and crutches) and to come back. After 7 days i could walk on my ankle fine, so I've been doing this since the 9th day (which is today), as I've a lot on for the summer, im wondering if it be likely to be broken or not, since I can walk on it fine. I really don't want a cast. Thanks
>>
You'll find out when you go back to the doctor tomorrow. No one here can tell you shit.
>>
I was just wondering would you be able to walk on it with no pain if it was broken. Has anyone not experienced pain and it still was broken? Thanks
>>
You've most likely just strained your ligament.
I strained mine + fractured my shinbone three months ago. Had to walk on crutches for three months, but no cast. It hurt more than anything, and I could not walk on it.
>>
>>17271418
Most likely just a sprain, but follow up with your doctor.
>>
>>17271418
If it's a hairline or chip, non-displaced fracture, you "might" be able to walk on it with little to no pain--each person has their own pain threshold. It could have been just a really bad strain/sprain or even a bone bruise--only a doctor can really give a reasonable diagnosis here...
>>
Thanks so much, I have tickets bought for a festival in two weeks so I'm just hoping for no cast, hopefully a sprain
>>
>>17271397
They don't use old fashioned casts anymore, except in extreme cases. If they give you anything it will be like a super Ace bandage to wrap the ankle, keep it steady and give it some support. And probably not even that.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.