[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make sure i don't forget the wrongs people have done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1462774102466.jpg (28 KB, 540x258) Image search: [Google]
1462774102466.jpg
28 KB, 540x258
So many people showed their true colors and left me for dead. I used to always go out of my way to help others

Even my mother and eldest bro kept kicking me when i was already down and rotting,struggling.

Needless to say,i was extremely bitter at how people waited till fucked up things out of my control kept fucking me up before twisting the blde in the wound

few miracles happenned. Another miracle could possibly happen,it would be the greatest relief ,if it happens,it would wipe away my "downfall"

As i'm getting back to normal,my anger and bitterness is fading away. BUT I MUST NEVER FORGET the harsh truth that people will let you down to rot when you hit rock bottom.Others will take pleasure in seeing you struggle

I must not go back to the naive old me who wanted to help everyone and always went out of his way to be extra kind to people.

But i also don't want to be constantly bitter

Any tips?
>>
are you roleplaying game of thrones or something
>>
how far did you fall and what did you do to recover?
>>
>>17270114
Health issues fucking me up big time.

Was supposed to start med school or pharm school this year. Everyone who has grades similiar to mines or a bit lower than mine got in.

I used to be the guy who always went out of his ways to give notes i've spent 100+ hours working on and shit, always helping others whenever i could,make sure everyone was alright

My health issues were so fucked up. It wrecked me so badly, it fucked up my gpa, got me in a severe depression. People were now indifferent to me and my downfall. Some even seemed to kake pleasure out of it

After that failed semester,i had so many shit going on at home,so mny issues,constantly depressed,suicidal,people kept giving me shit and kept looking down on me,i was a mental wreck,it got worse with time.Failed all my classes, was about to get kicked out and disowned.

Life went to shit,got more shit,got caught trying to hang myself,got sent on suicide watch. Psychiatrist heard story.

>continued next post
>>
>>17270129
>Continued

She understood what i went through, she gave me a paper to cancel my semester. It got cancelled

Now few close friends wanted me to try and cancel the other semester who got fucked up because of health issues

my mom who kept shitting on me for now being a "loser"told me that she didn't even want me to try and get it cancelled and blablabla. I "disobeyed her" ,i called at school,explained the situation and all that

They told me: "Oh, i see you used to have A+'s and something happened during the fall semester and the winter semester got cancelled because of depression. It adds up, get a medical paper and we'll see".

Needless to say my mom wasn't happy.I think she wants me to remain down. I just wanna get out of here, live my life.

If they cancel it (i call the cancels "miracles" cause i thought everything was over and i was in a fucking severe depression) It would erase the previous year

But i need to remember how shitty people truly are when you fall.
>>
>>17270113
No.

I'm just back from the dead. I would have been in a grave right now if my mom hadn't opened to door to cuss me about how much of a loser i was in front of my face.

When she did, she saw to rope around my neck

It's been like a whole year since the last time i have been normal. I'm getting myself back together, making progress everyday

during my downfall, i fucking became a mental wreck and a shadow of my former self

Seeing people i used to care about so fucking indifferent to me as soon as i fall and can't help them anymore... i can't allow myself to forget that
>>
>>17270113
AND LOLLLL

i just reread the post

i swear it wasn't my intention to relate the "blade twisting" or the "miracle saved my life" thing to jon snow

I just translated an expression we use in french,i'm not sure if it's used in english but it's "Tourner le couteau dans la plaie" which is "twist the blade in the wound". A way to say that things are already bad and they are making it worse, i also thought of using "adding oil to the fire" instead tho

i just used the pic for the "Back from the dead" message. I really didn't make these connections until now haha
>>
>>17270166
Ok bastard. How's your half-sister, eh?

My advice, don't care about getting back at them. It'll take too much out of you. Just be successful and if they're assholes cut them out of your life. That should be 'payback' enough.
>>
It's not really that people will kick you down if you're rock bottom. It's just that low-quality people will kick at anyone below them just for a taste at being superior. Let it go, they don't get it often.

If you're in certain situations, it can feel like EVERYONE is like that, but they're not. It only feels that way. Keep searching for people who will have your back, they're out there.
>>
>>17270166
"Twist the knife" is how you would say it in English. Suggests unnecessary cruelty.
>>
Why do I hear Sam Elliots voice when I read this guys posts?
>>
>>17270186
I guess you're right.

Let's just say that before all that, i had a "friendship is magic" view of interpersonal relationships.

Somehow i would have prefered to keep it that way. But it's an extremely naive,immature and childish perception of things. While it kinda sucks that i need to have my guard up instead of "seing everything as rainbow and sunshine" ....forgetting about everything and letting my guard down would be even dumber, as if i hadn't learned my lesson.

So i'm kinda wondering what's the best way to deal with it

Keep close those who helped me and supported me, while cutting from my life those who disregarded me?

Funny thing, some of those who disregarded me are asking close friends of mine if i dropped out of school and shit, It's not genuine concern,it's just curiosity

I will never tell them. I won't even mention the "miracles" to anyone except yo those who were there for me.
>>
>>17270229
makes perfect sense mate, thanks.

But in the end, except for those who hd my back during my downfall, how to know if someone is a "real friend" or not?

Just thinking about keeping my circle tight and close. Just won't be as open as i used to but i won't be bitter about the past neither. I'll just be more skeptical about people in general
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.