[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brush teeth before eating or after eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: nicegai.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nicegai.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
Is it better to brush your teeth before eating or after eating? There's numerous different opinions online.

Almost all my life I've brushed my teeth in the morning before having a meal but apparently other people do the opposite and according to one site it can do harm.

Which way is the right way?
>>
Brush once in the morning after waking up, brush once at night before going to sleep. That's how I've done it all my life.
>>
>>17269615
That's exactly the same how I've done it. But doesn't bacteria that accumulated in your mouth overnight get taken in with your food if you just go straight to eating?

I have no idea why people eat then brush their teeth.
>>
>>17269608
I brush after breakfast and before bed to stop the plaque from building up all day
>>
I can't stand the feeling of eating with unbrushed teeth in the morning. Most of my friends brush their teeth afterwards, but I couldn't live like that.
>>
>mfw im too lazy to brush my teeths.

Im not eating sugar or anything related with it, am i still fucked
>>
File: 1453409469071.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1453409469071.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>17269886
forgot pic
>>
>>17269608
Don't listen to this pleb >>17269615. Brush after every meal.
>>
My dentist encourages me to brush after eating.
>>
I can't eat anything unless I brush my teeth. It just feels too weird and brushing my teeth gets my saliva going. I can't sleep unless I brush my teeth either. If I do, I'll wake up in the middle of the night to brush it.
>>
>>17270309
Don't. Seriously. Chewing food temporarily softens the enamel of your teeth and rubbing bristles across it immediately afterwards can strip the enamel away, especially if you ate something acidic (and an awful lot of food is acidic, more than you'd think -- not just tangy fruit). That's not a myth, it actually happens, and any sources you've read to the contrary are wrong. Either brush before you eat, or at least half an hour afterwards, it's your call.

Personally I brush before I eat breakfast, then follow up the meal with a drink of water or tea or a rinse with mouthwash if I can be bothered (which is fine, it's just the brushing motion that's bad) to sort of freshen my breath, and also because it's just refreshing.
>>
brush before eating to rid your mouth of the bacteria that has been brewing overnight

you can also brush right after eating breakfast instead of before, depending on what you're having

if you have anything on the acidic side, like a glass of orange juice, brushing after can be potentially harmful and abrasive to your teeth
>>
>brushing then eating

Are you fucking retarded?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.