[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
people who make you happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 37.jpg (666 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
666 KB, 800x600
21yo male student, technically virgin and with few acquaintances and even fewer friends need advice from anons having beaten this stage of their lives

I'm trying to better myself socially, in order to complete my life whit what I thing are the two only people I need to be happy : a social best friend and a lover.

In these past six month I have gone from a complete nerd to a somewhat balanced, although not perfect, man. I have learned to dress like a human, hold interesting conversation and give a confident impression. I don't think people perceive me as a loner anymore.

However, making a good friend is hard. I have quite a few acquaintances, all I think I need is another good friend who sometimes pushes me beyond my comfort zone and helps me getting out there, because it sure as hell isn't easy to do that alone.

The rest of my life if surprisingly balanced and successful, work and hobbies, and a few friends whose company I enjoy, but sadly all greater introverts than I am. I also do a lot of stuff in public places and sometimes go out alone, but although I have fun doing it, I still don't know if talking to a girl alone in a park is an actual thing or a creeper move so that's never happened.

My colleagues do not seem to be interested in being more than acquaintances either, and I don't know how to get past that stage anyway.

What do I do ? I am seriously lost, and I hate that void in my life.

TL;DR : I'm trying my best to be happy, what am I doing wrong ?

Pic related, I have social hobbies too.
>>
>>17269561
>technically virgin
What the fuck does this mean? Are you a virgin or not?
>>
>>17269567
I don't have the heart to call myself a vigin since the day I slept with with this girl I was dating a few months ago that had her period on our forelast date. I guess it was sex without the dick in vagina part, which definitely contributes to my frustration.
>>
>>17269587
What? If you had sex with her, then you're not a virgin. If you didn't, then you are. It's literally as simple as that.
>>
>>17269593
But was it ? I can't objectively answer this, to i settle for the middle ground and hope I can settle the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for the interest, any other comments ?
>>
>>17269622
>>17269587
If dick went in vagina you are not a virgin.

ANYTHING else except anal any you are still a virgin
>>
>>17269636
In this case I am, which changes nothing to the problem though.

I'm happy the nomenclature was discussed, now does someone know what should be the next step in my great "mingling with the crowd" project ?
>>
>>17269722
>nomenclature
>I'm trying to make myself look smart but I have no idea what words actually mean
The word you're looking for is 'semantics,' sweetheart.
>>
>>17269747
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I'm drunk and french, this is the worst predisposition to speak decent english.
>>
>technically virgin
>>
>>17269561
I would personally never go looking for a best friend; I feel like you can never tell beforehand who will be that best friend and I really think that it's something earned over time and experience together.

I would approach all people as equally as I'm comfortable doing and let the relationship (if there will be one) progress as naturally as possible.

Seriously, please don't try to force it; a best friend is a rarity for the reason that if everyone could just make one then they wouldn't be rare

People are like ingredients: each unique, you never know what kind of mixture two ingredients will make until you mix them up good and give that mixture time to settle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.